Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chewy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
I have a buddy who got sunday ticket, they talked him into upgrading to whole home dvr service. It was for free, so he went for it. This meant an installer was going to have to come out. He has an HD DVR in living room and a regular receiver in bedroom. Been working great with no problems since install a couple years ago.

Here's the problem.......

My buddy was not home at the time of the install, his wife was there. The installer moved his dish off his roof and moved it out to the middle of his yard and mounted it on a pole. He doesn't want it in the yard area as he has plans to do some creative landscaping there. His wife called him and explained what the installer was doing and he had her hand the phone to the installer..... my buddy told him he can't put it in the yard and put it back on the roof (where it was working fine) the installer refused and said his wife approved it, which she did, the installer said it was necessary. She had no clue... My buddy says absolutely not move it back on the roof. The installer said if he moves it back they will charge him. He called Dtv and they said the same thing. Is there anything he can do to get them to move it back on the roof without having to pay for it? I told him I would post his problem here in this forum and if there was anything that could be done I could find out here.

Thanks guys

Assuming the installer didn't remove the footing for the dish on the roof, your friend may be able to remount it himself. For starters, he may want to try emailing the office of the president about it. ellen.filipiak@directv.com They are pretty good at resolving difficult issues. BTW, was the dish already moved when your friend heard from his wife? If so, it may well be on them to pay to relocate the dish. If that's what happened, she should have called before the dish was moved. Unless there were line of sight issues, I can't think of why the dish had to be moved.

Please let us know the outcome of your friend's problem. I can't figure out why the dish had to be moved either except for tree that limbs have grown out.(?) Thanks.

I wonder if the tech ran a test and some of the signal strengths were not showing up as being high enough? Perhaps he went to tweak the dish and found out that tree growth was impeeding the signal quality? At any rate, while I can empathize with his plight, his wife should not have allowed the technican to do a pole mount if they did not want the dish moved. She should have simply told him to come back later, and they could have rescheduled at a time when the friend could have been home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts