Here is my SILVER & BLACK 2009 winning schedule

From Rotoworld, was the richest rookie contract in the history of the NFL:

Six-year, $61 million contract. The deal contains $32 million guaranteed, including all six years' base salaries and a $19.9 million option bonus in the second year. Also available is a onetime performance bonus of $2.8 million. Another $7 million is available through incentives. Russell earned a $3 million escalator for 2010 by taking over 45% of the snaps in 2008. 2009: $460,000, 2010: $550,000 (+ $3 million escalator), 2011: $650,000, 2012: $6.69672 million, 2013: Free Agent

So if they brought in someone to legitimately compete with him next season, he could potentially be sitting on the bench making $221k a game.

From Rotoworld, was the richest rookie contract in the history of the NFL:

Six-year, $61 million contract. The deal contains $32 million guaranteed, including all six years' base salaries and a $19.9 million option bonus in the second year. Also available is a onetime performance bonus of $2.8 million. Another $7 million is available through incentives. Russell earned a $3 million escalator for 2010 by taking over 45% of the snaps in 2008. 2009: $460,000, 2010: $550,000 (+ $3 million escalator), 2011: $650,000, 2012: $6.69672 million, 2013: Free Agent

So if they brought in someone to legitimately compete with him next season, he could potentially be sitting on the bench making $221k a game.

There has GOT to be a salary cap on rookies...

Man......it sucks to be a Raider fan ....:mad::(

And the is TO ME is the QB....it starts and ends there. Look at ALL the teams that struggle going into the last few years and suddenly become good or better and it ALL started AND ended with the QB postion...followed by the O-Line.

I mean to the TEAM'S defense, litterally, the entire O-Line has been injured. And then the play calling has be TERRIBLE. And finally, the issue of NOT having a DT worth spit to plug the hole in WELL over 6 or 7 years....does not help.

There most likely be one in 2011.

I mean you have guys coming in that have yet to prove jack-squat against teams like Roberts Wesleyan University and then command these monstrous salary...then you have guys like Drew Brees....who will more than likely NEVER make that kind of money....throw circles around DimMarcus....:rant:

Raiders teammates back Russell

Are the players just lying to themselves now? Maybe who knows but this is what i have been hearing..

Raiders teammates back Russell - Inside Bay Area

JaMarcus Russell's Raiders teammates remain steadfast in their belief that he is just going through a rough stretch and that he remains the best option at quarterback for a team that has lacked a proven one since Rich Gannon retired after the 2004 season.

i also thought the raiders would be better than this. hey you never know, they might go 8-8 as i predicted when the season began. 7-9 would still be an improvement over last season

Thu 11/26 at Dallas 4:15 pm
Sun 12/6 at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm
Sun 12/13 Washington 4:05 pm
Sun 12/20 at Denver 4:05 pm
Sun 12/27 at Cleveland 1:00 pm
Sun 1/3 Baltimore 4:15 pm

8-8 / 7-9 probably a bit optimistic sitting at 3-7 with 6 to go. Finishing less than 5-11 would be pretty disappointing at this point though, Wasington and Cleveland should fall, and they could upset someone still.

i also thought the raiders would be better than this. hey you never know, they might go 8-8 as i predicted when the season began. 7-9 would still be an improvement over last season

Thet have had ALOT of injuries on the O-line, 2 rookies starting at WR because their best WR was injured with a broken foot. ALL the injured are back and I expect a better performing team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)