Here is my SILVER & BLACK 2009 winning schedule

Greetings Raiders fans.

It's about that time we shift our focus to Week 16. The Cleveland Browns vs. the Oakland Raiders.

Any news out of Oakland as to who will start? Please tell me it'll be Charlie Frye. His homecoming would add to the storyline to Sunday's game.
Either Charlie Frye or Grad is what cable said so fare who ever is healthier.

Like I said.....sort of....:D

Even in the wake of Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell engineering a 20-19 win over the Denver Broncos, he won't be regaining his starting job.

AP

Raiders coach Tom Cable announced Monday that Charlie Frye could start this week if he recovers from a concussion, or that Bruce Gradkowski might be back in the lineup as he recovers from partially torn ligaments.

"Right now, I'd say it's 50-50 at best," Cable said regarding Gradkowski's prospects of starting Sunday against the Cleveland Browns. "All of that will be decided Wednesday. We'll know more then."

As for Russell, Cable handed out faint praise.

"There were some things in that game that he could have taken advantage of before that last couple of throws that would, in my mind, to make that kind of statement," Cable said when asked if Russell had arrrived.

Wilson: Raiders' Russell doesn't get his job back | National Football Post

PFT's comment for the Browns 28th ranking in the NFL:

28. Cleveland Browns (3-11) (Last week: 28) (vs. Raiders). Eric Mangini gets a chance to coach against the only team that might ever give him another shot at an NFL job.

And the Raiders comment kinda funny too:

24. Oakland Raiders (5-9) (Last week: 24) (at Browns). Some think Sunday's game was the start of a new era for JaMarcus Russell. We prefer to think of it as a blind, overweight squirrel tripping over a pile of acorns.

JaMarcus finding his way playing every other game is almost like the hand of fate saying "NO, YOU PICKED HIM, NOW LIVE WITH IT AND PLAY HIM! HAH! ITS FUNNY CAUSE HE'S FAT!"

Losing 6 out of 8 is NOT a winning streak....is it?;) ESPECIALLY after starting 6-0.

The swoon you are referring to last year, was the last 3 games. It would make sense that you would compare that to this year. I guess you are not.

I believe the Giants won their first 5 games and then lost 6 of 9.

The Titans started 0-6 and are now 7-7, the Raiders started 2-6 and are now 5-9????

You are comparing apples to kumquats.....I don't get it....

The swoon you are referring to last year, was the last 3 games. It would make sense that you would compare that to this year. I guess you are not.

I believe the Giants won their first 5 games and then lost 6 of 9.

The Titans started 0-6 and are now 7-7, the Raiders started 2-6 and are now 5-9????

You are comparing apples to kumquats.....I don't get it....

Your Mules started 6-0...what is their record NOW? Hmmmm.....8-6...does that SOUND like a hot team?! Going 2-6 the last 8 games sure as hell sounds like a swoon to me.....

...but maybe its just me....:rolleyes:

Raiders Not Afraid of Josh Cribbs!

Ok, careful what you wish for Raiders. The last team/coach who said he wasn't affraid of Cribbs got torched for 2 TD's. Thanks for the bulletin board material. As if Cribbs didn't need more motivation.......

Oakland coach Tom Cable saw the tape of Josh Cribbs returning two kicks for touchdowns last week, but guess what? Cable says the Raiders will still kick the ball to Cribbs on Sunday.

No wimpy squib kicks or pooch kicks for the Silver and Black.

"There'll probably be wind and weather and all of those sorts of things, so when you have it, you take advantage of it," Cable said on Wednesday during his news conference in Oakland. "And when you don't, you still have to kick it. So we're going after it. We have to. He's a heck of a player, a heck of a returner, but we have good coverage teams and good kickers."

Suit yourself Cable. See you Sunday! Go Browns!

Browns notes : Raiders won't kick away from Cribbs - The News-Herald Sports : Breaking news coverage for Northern Ohio

You guys didn't do anything to scare the Raiders though, they have a run defense. You scored 2 special team TDs and still just won by 1 score despite having a RB nearly break the rushing record.

If anything the Browns are taking a step back because DA is starting.

Ok, careful what you wish for Raiders. The last team/coach who said he wasn't affraid of Cribbs got torched for 2 TD's. Thanks for the bulletin board material. As if Cribbs didn't need more motivation.......

Suit yourself Cable. See you Sunday! Go Browns!

Browns notes : Raiders won't kick away from Cribbs - The News-Herald Sports : Breaking news coverage for Northern Ohio

where is the bulletin board material? We have the kicker with the strongest leg in the league. With the wind at his back, Seabas will kick it OVER the Dog Pond....with the find in his face he will hang it up long enough for the coverage to get there....

...sounds to me like sound stragedy. Not bulletin board material.....if you need some game planning to psych your team up....instead of "let's just try keep our winning streak going......" They need serious help....WAY more than imaginary bulletin board material.

Regardless what happen tomorrow with my BLACK & SILVER RAIDERS?
I will like to thanks all and each one of you that participated on this post it help me to still believe on my raiders thank again to all RAIDERS fans and RAIDERS hater
For keeping this post going for this long
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU
We will be ready for 2010 2011 season

yeah you guys did show positive signs here and there. with a healthy team who knows how much better the raiders would've been. you think the raiders should stick with tom cable at least another year to allow for some consistency with the team?

have a great year as well!!!

Regardless what happen tomorrow with my BLACK & SILVER RAIDERS?
I will like to thanks all and each one of you that participated on this post it help me to still believe on my raiders thank again to all RAIDERS fans and RAIDERS hater
For keeping this post going for this long
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU
We will be ready for 2010 2011 season
Great post!:up Happy New year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts