Here is the RAIDERS winning schedule for 2008!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit that the raiders have accumulated some offensive talent with Russell and MCfadden. If they can block then they might be fun to watch.

Actually, that was an insider joke.

The way you reacted to their preseason win, I jokingly said it as to say, "you ready to buy those Super Bowl tickets?"

OTOH, come to think of it, everytime a Super Bowl has been played in Tampa, the Raiders always have a good season.

Michael Bush had a great game also. Oakland is stacked in the backfield, too bad our rookie franchise QB has questionable protection...and questionable deep threats to throw to.
I know its just preseason, but a .500 season would not surprise me. Thats pretty good considering the last 5 years.

Actually, that was an insider joke.

The way you reacted to their preseason win, I jokingly said it as to say, "you ready to buy those Super Bowl tickets?"

OTOH, come to think of it, everytime a Super Bowl has been played in Tampa, the Raiders always have a good season.

I know what you meant...believe me, I don't think my Raiders are NO WHERE NEAR the possibility of making, much less competing for a playoff spot. Like I said, I think they can 6-10, 7-9 and IF some MIRACLE of GOD happened and they went 8-8...I would celebrate MORE than any fan of this years Super Bowl winning team!!

AND No....I had no reaction to their PRESEASON win. I could care less about a win the in the preseason so long as their are no significant injuries and there is progress in the areas they were so very desperate to improve....which was just about ALL of the them...THAT is the only reason I watch now.

Michael Bush had a great game also. Oakland is stacked in the backfield, too bad our rookie franchise QB has questionable protection...and questionable deep threats to throw to.
I know its just preseason, but a .500 season would not surprise me. Thats pretty good considering the last 5 years.

Yes, I saw that last night when I saw the replay a friend sent me. The Raiders line will improve this year....not by leaps and bounds, but enough where Russell will only have to run for his life 50% of the time....instead of 90% like last year. And yes, the BIGGEST thing I was worried about was WHO would Russell throw to. I was sort of hoping the Raiders would give this kid from the Bengals, Chris Henry. They would have nothing to lose with him...sign him to an incentive based contract for 1 season. He would IMMEDIATELY give you INSTANT speed at the WR position and IMMEDIATELY make the team better....giving you a threat at QB, RB and WR. IF he screws up, he is gone....period.

IF GOD were to have a spare moment or two and waved his hand and GIVE US a .500 season....I would be WAY beyond happy with THAT season. But I think 6-10 is more realistic. I also think their defense will be in EVERY game.

Yes, I saw that last night when I saw the replay a friend sent me. The Raiders line will improve this year....not by leaps and bounds, but enough where Russell will only have to run for his life 50% of the time....instead of 90% like last year. And yes, the BIGGEST thing I was worried about was WHO would Russell throw to. I was sort of hoping the Raiders would give this kid from the Bengals, Chris Henry. They would have nothing to lose with him...sign him to an incentive based contract for 1 season. He would IMMEDIATELY give you INSTANT speed at the WR position and IMMEDIATELY make the team better....giving you a threat at QB, RB and WR. IF he screws up, he is gone....period.

IF GOD were to have a spare moment or two and waved his hand and GIVE US a .500 season....I would be WAY beyond happy with THAT season. But I think 6-10 is more realistic. I also think their defense will be in EVERY game.

lol, not very optimistic, I could tell youve been hurt before...at least the past five years im guessing.

Im totally confused about Javon Walker. Wheres this kids head at? Hopefully Curry and Carter can step it up, maybe even Johnie lee. This friday should be a nice matchup with Tennessee having a good run game and a good defensive line. Should test our suspect areas. I agree with you on the defense, Kelly was injured most of the year and we may have a decent rotation with sands/warren at nose tackle. Burgess is sick, maybe richardson can improve his pass rush on the other end. The Dline will definitely be better than last year, barring injuries. As far as the secondary, forget about it, we're set.

lol, not very optimistic, I could tell youve been hurt before...at least the past five years im guessing.

Im totally confused about Javon Walker. Wheres this kids head at? Hopefully Curry and Carter can step it up, maybe even Johnie lee. This friday should be a nice matchup with Tennessee having a good run game and a good defensive line. Should test our suspect areas. I agree with you on the defense, Kelly was injured most of the year and we may have a decent rotation with sands/warren at nose tackle. Burgess is sick, maybe richardson can improve his pass rush on the other end. The Dline will definitely be better than last year, barring injuries. As far as the secondary, forget about it, we're set.

Freddy, I am VERY optimistic...but I am a realist. And it has nothing to do with being hurt. After WORKING in sports media...you learn to look at things in a different way....you learn to think with your head...and love with your heart!;)
IF I see some improvement from the last years offensive line....then I might show even a little giddiness....LOL! I still think they should give Chris Henry a shot. The Raiders have always been known to give players another chance. A WIN-WIN for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts