Here it comes...Good for VFios and others...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
from tvweek.com

Legislation Would Ease Phone Companies' Entry Into Video Services
By Doug Halonen

Lawmakers in the Senate and House on Thursday introduced legislation that would allow telephone companies to offer video services without obtaining local cable TV franchises.

The National Cable & Telecommunications Association had no comment on the bills, which were introduced in the Senate by Sens. Gordon Smith, R-Ore., and Jay Rockefeller, D-W.V., and in the House by Reps. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., and Albert Wynn, D-Md.

In a statement, Tim McKone, SBC Communications' senior VP of federal relations, said: "Consumers want an alternative to the cable companies' annual price hikes. SBC is committed to bringing video competition to consumers, and these bills clearly reflect Congress' intent to promote competition for consumers. We look forward to working with Congress to eliminate the barriers to entry into the video market so that consumers can enjoy meaningful competition."

man I wish I could find out if Sbc or Verizon is coming to my area, it would be nice to see what they will offer and when, I know this is probably going to take 2-3 years to roll out the network though

I can't wait to get some high speed internet out my way and some type of IPTV services where you can pick and choose any show that you want to watch that has ever been on television.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)