hi all

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lyngsat is a list of all Satellite Television signals from all satellites around the globe. It is not a satellite service like directv.

LyngSat is http://www.lyngsat.com (and a few other domains that constitute parts of this one). It's Lyngemark Satellite, a service maintained by Christian Lyngemark.

[SILLINESS]To answer your question as best I can, it is not very close to the DirecTV satellites... It resides 22,000 miles away (give or take) from the satellites, here on earth (over in Europe). Occasionally however some of its content will get much closer, maybe within 1,000 miles, as somebody with satellite Internet access browses its pages.[/SILLINESS] :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :)

Here at Satelliteguys.us FTA forum we are glad to answer ANY questions the best we can from your first question as a new hobbyist or if we can to the most experienced amateur questions, civility will always be the first consideration. Tux please remove or rephrase your above answer and try to raise your tone a little, only a few short weeks ago you were a newbie and we answered your questions with respect, please respect our new members and if you have nothing positive to add please refrain from insulting our valued members thanks!

Sorry Brotherhood what particular satellite or channel are you talking about : )

Pete in am not sure if Tux edited his message or not, but from what I see now he is making a joke about Lyngsat being 22,000 miles away from DirecTV. :)

One of the bad things about text based messages is one person can read it one way (they way it is meant) and someone else can read the same message and get an entirely different feeling from it.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Pete in am not sure if Tux edited his message or not, but from what I see now he is making a joke about Lyngsat being 22,000 miles away from DirecTV. :)

One of the bad things about text based messages is one person can read it one way (they way it is meant) and someone else can read the same message and get an entirely different feeling from it.
Yep, I added some clarity tags. :)

Apologies to anyone who misread my intent in the above post. I agree it is hard sometimes to read posts in the originally intended tone. Smilies and fonts are about as close as we can come to body language and tone of voice. :) No hard feelings. :)

Thanks Tux. I have removed my harsh words, sorry I just want this to be the best FTA forum out there where anyone can ask the simplest questions with out the kind of responses they get at the other forums, and you are now one of our best members, I just misread the tone, SORRY!

SILLINESS its a good thing!

It's all good Pete. Or as they say in Jersey, fohgeddaboddit.

This is a great website with great forums. But in particular, I feel very at ease with all the active participants of this FTA forum. All very nice folks. Indeed, many have given me much valuable knowledge, or at least pointed me in the right direction.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts