Openbox Hi, New Guy here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DrDeath

Original poster
Hiya,
Back in the day, I used to be the guy that everyone went to for anything Cable or Satallite. I sold and installed both Cable TV and then later, Directv (back when they first started and you could own your own Directv business). The last 6 or 7 years I have just had normal Directv, Dish Network, and local Cable TV. Since then I have dropped Dish Network. I have a couple of businesses and each one has different entertainment needs.

Anyways, I have essentially just "Coasted" the last half dozen years or so in regards to what's new and happening in the TV Reception world. I have decided to try a few new things, FTA and Streaming being those things. I am basically starting off from scratch in knowledge of these 2 areas. Could you guys/gals direct me to some info I can look at to "get up to speed" on basic knowledge of where FTA and Streaming boxes are at, technology wise? I have been doing a little searching, but I seem to end up on websites where people or a company is trying to sell me their equipment and because of that, I am probably not getting the WHOLE picture on what options are truly out there and available. It's amazing because there are Bloggers and people I thought that were giving me an independent non-biased account of things and then they have these links to buy a certain box, antenna or whatever.

So any help you could give me by pointing me in the right direction or your opinions would be great.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts