History, biography @101w low signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi guys.
The problem is the uplink, in daytime they use solar panels,
atfter dawn they use candles.
Sorry for the stupid joke.

The problem is they don't feed the squirrels dinner and they fall asleep till they get breakfast in the morning. :rolleyes:

Noticing the same signal phenomenon here in the upper midwest. Signal levels on 12060 range from excellent (>60) in the morning to unviewable (<30) by late afternoon. My money is on a thermal issue limiting current to one channel at certain solar aspects... if it were a whole bird power problem, I would think the Lord's other transponders would fade as well, but they don't.

I live in northern ny and haven't experienced any significant signal loss. Its 10PM EST and Q is constantly changing from 69% to 87%, during the day its 97%. Picture and sound is excellent no pixilation at all.

More Information needed

Let's do some research :)

Those having problems post location, dish size, lnbf, and receiver.

Those who are not getting problems in the evening specify this and please post location, dish, size, lnbf, receiver. Maybe we can find a pattern here.

Yesterday I had to tear my dual LNBF assembly off for measurements for my new custom dual bracket being revised. Anyway I put AMC-4 at boresight now with the old setup and G-19 offset. By 7 pm CST started experiencing some slight breakup 30 to 15Q bouncing. By 9pm it was pretty bad but a bit better than when the LNBF was boresight. I gained about 6 quality points during breakup. 12 to 15Q now. At 2 AM I had 45Q solid again. All other transponders were fine. I need to check my peak during the day today still. If anything Being at boresight shortened the breakup period but that's a given because of more signal.

I wonder if someone with a spectrum analyzer can do some transponder captures and post when signal is normal, falling apart, and shot. Kinda like we how analyzed RTN.

POST INPUT THANKS.

Let's do some research :)

Those who are not getting problems in the evening specify this and please post location, dish, size, lnbf, receiver. Maybe we can find a pattern here.

POST INPUT THANKS.

The signal drops in the evening but doesn't cause any pixelation or problems. Im in northern ny right on the boarder, 1.2m primestar (channelmaster), primestar lnb, Coolsat 5000 and Rex-1 receivers.

This is with LNBF at boresight. Peaking at 62 this morning. Falls to 12-15 at night. ADTH 84cm dish, Pansat 2700A. Geosat pro bullet LNBF, NE Illinois.

This much of a swing in signal says something is definitely wrong with the uplink, satellite transponder, or interference problem.

As dishes increase in size issues become less that is a given. Anyone using a bud 10 foot or so I'd like to see what you see in Quality at breakup time. Also a 76 or 80cm ku Quality readings.

Southwestern Ontario (according to Lynsat, inside one of the two "hot zones" for the satellite, EIRP of 51).
60e dish, LNB (Digiwave) is 6 degrees off-centre.
Pansat 3500SD.

Signal collapses from a standard quality of around 45 to 15 or lower every night.

Chicago, IL
Pansat 250
90 CM Fortec Star
QPH-031 Invacom Lnb

Last night i had a quality reading of 50% (11:00PM) and currently it's at 78%.The ps 250 doesn't start pixelating till around 30-35% quality.

Southwestern Ontario (according to Lynsat, inside one of the two "hot zones" for the satellite, EIRP of 51).
60e dish, LNB (Digiwave) is 6 degrees off-centre.
Pansat 3500SD.

Signal collapses from a standard quality of around 45 to 15 or lower every night.

50 DBW by me as per lyngsat Keith. Even with all of AMC 4's signal being fed now still a problem. All I gained was from a max of 57 while offset to 62 at boresight. So even at 4 degree offset the dish is doing very well. I know when I put my new bracket on I will loose a slight bit. At this point it disgusts me. I may do a 97-103 split next and forget about 101. My new bracket will be able to do a 8 deg split max. May have to get into skewing the dish though.

I'm right on the boarder of eirp of 51 and 50 in Kalamazoo, MI

Just to officially add info.

90cm Fortec
101 lnb is offset 4 degrees (dish is aimed at 105)
Azbox Readings:
7am 55%
11am 60%
5pm 37%
9pm 27% (pixellation)
11pm no signal

With my offset lnb, I have to believe that is why I completely lost signal while others do not.

Last edited:
50 DBW by me as per lyngsat Keith. Even with all of AMC 4's signal being fed now still a problem. All I gained was from a max of 57 while offset to 62 at boresight. So even at 4 degree offset the dish is doing very well. I know when I put my new bracket on I will loose a slight bit. At this point it disgusts me. I may do a 97-103 split next and forget about 101. My new bracket will be able to do a 8 deg split max. May have to get into skewing the dish though.

It is indeed frustrating, especially since with the loss of KUIL, they are the only two channels I watch on the satellite, and can't watch them at all at night!

I see 5 data transponders on the satellite, and just did a quick signal quality check on them to compare with tonight to see if any of them does the same fade.

It is indeed frustrating, especially since with the loss of KUIL, they are the only two channels I watch on the satellite, and can't watch them at all at night!

I see 5 data transponders on the satellite, and just did a quick signal quality check on them to compare with tonight to see if any of them does the same fade.

I checked BVN during the day and night yesterday. It stayed exactly the same 60Q though it's vertical. I could sub to those HTN channels on my 4D but I don't watch them enough. Yes KUIL going bye bye stunk. 103 may be my next step, I hate wasting an LNB for nothing but aggravation.

Im really impressed with the results of G-19 swapping around the LNBF's on the ADTH though. It's definitely designed for multiple satellites. I lost very little on G-19 at the 4 degrees off. My new bracket may be used for more than I thought about in the first place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts