History, biography @101w low signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
also

Catching 80% until 5 or 6 pm EST Then goes to 50% until approx 5 am EST next day ... Cant figure this one out at night it looses alot of signal. . :confused:

Catching 80% until 5 or 6 pm EST Then goes to 50% until approx 5 am EST next day ... Cant figure this one out at night it looses alot of signal. . :confused:

I attribute it to satellite storage battery failure. The pisser is it gets weak want when I want to watch it. :(

SES AMERICOM - AMC-4
That A2100AX satellite was launched in 1999.
Gunter's Space Page - Information on Launch vehicles, Satellites, Space Shuttle and Astronautics

How long is the satellite in the dark?

Lets see...

Geostationary satellite velocity is 6878 miles/hr
Earth diameter at equator is: 7926 miles
Altitude of geostationary satellite above equator: 22236 miles
Distance of the earth from the sun: 93 million miles, (approx)

Wonder if the solar panels generate electriclty when light is incident on either side of the panels?

When the satellite is in the path of the earth's orbit (in front of and following), the sun is shining on the satellite. But, are the panels insolated then? (But not for a short period, I believe)

I get the same issue, they both disappear at night. Here is what I was told:

(Quote from another site)
"It’s got to do with ground temperature, ever see a mirage in the road that
makes it look wet, but you get there is not, that is a thermal bounce, the temperature difference between the air above and the ground below acts like a mirror and reflects the sky looking like water.

This effect will reflect radio waves just like light, we had this problem all the time when installing point to point microwave links, we had to calculate the 1/3rd, 1/2 or 2/3rds bounce point, the signal from this bounce is 180 degrees out of phase with the main signal, if the reflected signal is strong enough it will cause a signal drop out, so we had to be very carful on the angels.

If this does not happen all year round then this is more than likely the problem.

So looking back at your problem you could do some geometry and find out if this is the case, or a screen made up with 2 X 2 lumber and aluminum window screen can act as a shield.

You make a frame big enough to protect the area below the LNB to the bottom of the dish and side to side, what you’re trying to do is to keep the bounced signal (if this is the case) from hitting the dish."

"The closer you get to the horizon (higher in latitude) the more problems you have in the horizontal mode, the big problem I see on this bird is the fact that most of the active TP’s on it are horizontal."

Hopefully this will correct itself as the weather changes...

Then how come all my other Horizontal TP"s are at or near max signal and dont move at all regardless of time of day?
(Im in Minneapolis)

I am noting the same thing. I am trying to put my 39" on it. See other postings. My primestar works BUT only sometimes.

Thanks and keep trying guys.

Back up to 60 this morning was breaking up bad by 9 pm last night. Hopefully I can rectify some of that this weekend when I put my new dual lnbf holder being custom built for only 2 degree off boresight per lnbf.

I have been checking quality strength's on amc4 for about a week now and the only tp that really drops is 12060.Here in Chicago the quality starts dropping around 5:00pm-6:00pm (65%) and by 10:00pm-11:00pm it bottoms out at (50%) and by 5:00am-6:00am it's back up again to (75%).None of the other tp's on amc4 experience this drop in quality

Ps 250
90cm
invacom lnb

I am in Ottawa (45 deg) Don't think this is satellite related as some people have no issues with TPs quality dropping off at night, seems specific to your location. Also this was coming in fine at night until about a month ago.

I've only been losing it at night for the last two weeks. I'm in St Louis and the signal fades around 2pm and is at 55%Q at 6am. Other TPs on that bird are between 55- 95%Q

It's been doing in here in Southwestern Ontario as well, it is like clockwork watching it disappear every night (and like everybody else, no other transponder is experiencing any similar loss).

Last night it was bouncing around 15 (Pansat) with breakup. If I can get close to 30 with my new setup (hopefully this weekend) It should be able to hang in there. Hope hope...

Right now, in SW Michigan, I have 55-60 on my azbox, breakup occurs around 27. I usually see the signal start dropping around 5pm regardless of weather, temp, etc. My 101 setup for an offset. For reference rtpi comes in at 87 pretty constant.

Confirm the same issue in Northern California with a GEOSATpro DVR1100c / 90cm dish / SL2 LNBF. Only TP Frequency 12060 is affected.

Daytime - SQ 79%
Evenings - SQ 40%

Confirm the same issue in Northern California with a GEOSATpro DVR1100c / 90cm dish / SL2 LNBF. Only TP Frequency 12060 is affected.

Daytime - SQ 79%
Evenings - SQ 40%

Yeah the problem is conus only on that transponder. I can only see one of two things causing it. Either it's a transponder issue with the satellite or there deliberately cranking the uplink down at night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)