History, biography @101w low signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
what size dish? 10 footer? ;)

Man I need to put ku on my 12 but it would be a pain I really don't want to deal with. I love my ADL RP1C, c band only feed. I could never find the original RP1CKU, ku feed that was made by ADL. The knockoff is made by Patriot there not as good as the original ADL. I need to go borrow my clients 6 foot Fortec Star off his roof one night, bring it home and put a ku feed on it. :rolleyes: He'd never miss it :D :angel:

Hey Ice

Hey Ice is there anyway you could make up a conversion chart that could give me a better taking on the different receivers quality level. When I see 80 and 90 I think it's really smoking as it would on a Pansat. But on other receivers it may be like 60 on the Pansat. Do you have a rule of thumb we can go by :confused: Or can post some thresholds of receivers you use? :)

sure...lemme work on that. I've worked with enough receivers I can probably remember how they work signal wise

issue with Coolsat 5000 is the meter reads 70-72 and on the Pansat it could be a 45-50 or 74. Thats the issue with the Coolsats versus the Pansats

sure...lemme work on that. I've worked with enough receivers I can probably remember how they work signal wise

Kewl it will be a nice reference. Drives me nuts when I see someone posts there getting a 90Q and there threshold is 85 :eek:

My Pansats threshold is 19 from what I've seen.

Thank's Ice :)

Southwest Missouri, 3:40 PM CDT, mostly clear skies

Setup #1:
90cm 3ABN
WSI single 521 LNBF (the light blue one)
Visionsat IV200
DG380 motor

85% Q (threshold is around 20%)

Setup #2:
90cm Fortec Star
Techsat TrackerII single LNBF (the red one)
Coolsat 6000
STAB HH90 motor

91-93% Q (threshold is around 63-66%)

I'll try to check in again tonight and see where my stuff is at then. :)

STL, Mo _ 90.6w

4:12pm, cloudy overcast

JSC322 Ku Lnb

Primestar 84e

cnx duo

35 quality with a threshold of 30 <- ignore
I removed my C-band project which had my Ku 15º off center.

With my Ku dead center:

75 quality with a threshold of 30

Last edited:
4 pm 72 SQ
8:20 pm 35-40 SQ
Borderline on my Traxis 3500 with 80 centimeter dish.
Must be the bats. :rant:

It just started doing this a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was just me.
Seems like PM hours would be prime time for those folks. :confused:

Fortec Star 90
Invacom Quad
STAB HH100
Coolsat 6000

6pm PDT = 66-67% signal quality. Picture seems solid.

So between 4pm and 8:20pm EDT it went bad? Now if we can just narrow that down a bit further. If it is the uplink or transponder it should go bad for everyone at once.

BLSA attached. I'll leave it skyscanning overnight if I can remember to not use the dish for something else. ;)

Attachments

• 101w-12060-1800-pdt.PNG
    101w-12060-1800-pdt.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 101w-12060-1148-pdt.PNG
    101w-12060-1148-pdt.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Southwest Missouri, 8:40 PM CDT, mostly clear skies

Setup #1:
90cm 3ABN
WSI single 521 LNBF (the light blue one)
Visionsat IV200
DG380 motor

61-63% Q (threshold is around 20%)
was 85 % @ 3:40 PM CDT

Setup #2:
90cm Fortec Star
Techsat TrackerII single LNBF (the red one)
Coolsat 6000
STAB HH90 motor

86-87% (occasional bounce down to 70%) Q (threshold is around 63-66%)
was 91-93% @ 3:40 PM CDT

10:27PM EST NY.

86-88% Q Coolsat 5000.

Attachments

• DSC04121.JPG
    DSC04121.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 179
12060, 12 to 15 Q here at 10:25 pm in bad shape. CGN 60-Q 12116 H for reference, all others on bird V & H fine.

Wonder if it's something at the uplink vs the bird?

Fortec Star 90
Invacom Quad
STAB HH100
Coolsat 6000

6pm PDT = 66-67% signal quality. Picture seems solid.

So between 4pm and 8:20pm EDT it went bad? Now if we can just narrow that down a bit further. If it is the uplink or transponder it should go bad for everyone at once.

BLSA attached. I'll leave it skyscanning overnight if I can remember to not use the dish for something else. ;)

If it's not the bird or uplink there has to be some type of interference causing this. It can't be localized since most are experiencing it. Could there be some phenomenon happening in the atmosphere that is creating the problem? But why only one transponder frequency and bird? Baffling :confused: :confused:

Did a check of the data transponders (as well as all transponders with channels) at 11 am and again at noon and then at 8:30 pm.

No other transponder suffered a loss such as 12060 did. Most were fairly stable, some had increases, and a few had minor losses (the highest losses were in the 10 to 15 range). But there was nothing that you don't normally see day to day, except for 12060 (which we are actually seeing day to day, unfortunately).

Like I said baffling??? In this case you would think it's the uplink. Here's a twist could moisture or heavy humidity be playing a role here? Does anyone know where the uplink is? Maybe we can study weather patterns there.

This weekend i was at my camping site i use a 36'' dish
with a twin output linear lnb.
My friend and me are connected to the same dish.
He watched History all nite on Saturday with a VS Ultra 2000 with 60% quality.
On my Ariza 700 i had about 15% quality, no way to watch History or Bio.
Does anybody can understand why? I dont....

STL, Mo _ 90.6w

9:33am, cloudy overcast

JSC322 Ku Lnb

Primestar 84e

cnx duo

45 quality with a threshold of 30

It was 75Q last night and down this morning. It's usually the opposite.

[edit] RTV E/W are down 20Q points this morning, so it's likely weather related for me in STL.

Last edited:
This weekend i was at my camping site i use a 36'' dish
with a twin output linear lnb.
My friend and me are connected to the same dish.
He watched History all nite on Saturday with a VS Ultra 2000 with 60% quality.
On my Ariza 700 i had about 15% quality, no way to watch History or Bio.
Does anybody can understand why? I dont....

Did you try switching outputs on the LNB just to check to make sure nothing was wrong with the one you were using? or swapping cables?

Just curious, cause that one really makes no sense outside of something flakey on your setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts