History Gone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just a USB 2.0 or better - should have it's own power supply.
Bob

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I begin to think I should install it all myself. By golly if I can set up and FTA I don't see why I can't set up a Pizza system!

Will they let you install it yourself?
Mine is a self install - they wanted to come out and charge me. I pushed back and they backed off.:D

Thanks, That's kinda what I thought...Just didn't know what to look for. The price for most all drives has gone thru the roof lately, due to floods overseas. I may have to wait to get a drive for it, when I jump to the 211k sometime this year...

I use a self installed Dish VIP211K with a 1TB EHD here. Works great and have everything I want.

I got tired of waiting for channels like Discovery, Nick, Comedy Central and others never to return to the big dish.

Ok guys I've got a Dish 322 and the Welcome Pak. Is Ice saying if I get a 311? I can get the HD version of the SD stuff I'm now getting? Or am I missing something here....I don't need a dvr etc....Blind

No the 311 is an SD receiver, the 211 is and HD receiver and you would get HD versions of your locals and any HD channels that are in free preview mode. The Welcome pack is an SD package.

No the 311 is an SD receiver, the 211 is and HD receiver and you would get HD versions of your locals and any HD channels that are in free preview mode. The Welcome pack is an SD package.

This, sounds good..

And you guys say there is no contract either?

Well it looks like I can actually watch last night's new American Pickers episode on Amazon Prime. It won't let me download and keep it but at least I can watch it which is better than the black screen that I'm getting on the HC now.
I don't care about that tubby little gremlin going to play motor scooter with his guy friends but I do want to see Danielle go pick some awesome stuff and show that she can do it better and be nicer that cheapskate little gremlin.
Frank reminds me of the gremlin on the wing of the airplane that William Shatner was trippin on in the Twilight Zone..

grem6.jpg

He's kinda rude too..

edit: Uh oh.... amazon prime is NOT what I thought it was. The "free" videos, OLD stuff or stupid stuff.. American Pickers episode from last night? $2.99 for a single viewing of it. Are you kidding me?????
It's still a good deal for the 2 day shipping you get on a lot of things and there are some good shows you can get for free but dang, $3ea to watch current shows? That could get crazy expensive real fast.

I'm thinking that maybe a pizza subscription might not be all that bad after all. :/

Last edited:
yeah but those aren't any new stuff......I was so looking forward to Danielle picking last night also.:(

Danni did a great job, it was actually one of the best episodes they've shown.

The episodes on History.com look to be about 4 to 5 weeks behind the current airings, but I'm not positive on that. They show so many repeats that I lose track of what episodes are new and what are repeats.

Danni did a great job, it was actually one of the best episodes they've shown.

The episodes on History.com look to be about 4 to 5 weeks behind the current airings, but I'm not positive on that. They show so many repeats that I lose track of what episodes are new and what are repeats.

Now see, this makes me want to pay the $3 to see this episode in HD. I guess I'll do that this evening after the local news is over. Not much on between 7pm & 10pm..
Plus I've never seen the show in HD. I'm afraid I'll get hooked and end up subscribing to Dish sooner than later.. :rolleyes:

Now see, this makes me want to pay the $3 to see this episode in HD. I guess I'll do that this evening after the local news is over. Not much on between 7pm & 10pm..
Plus I've never seen the show in HD. I'm afraid I'll get hooked and end up subscribing to Dish sooner than later.. :rolleyes:
Frank doesn't look any better in HD although Danielle does.

I dropped Direct TV a couple of months ago when I figured out 90-percent of what I was watching was on CBS (which I can get with an antenna) or History Channel. $85/month for Direct TV vs. $8 for Netflix. I can wait until it shows up on their website.

You could do your own install of the pipe. Buy the 211k you could then have them do the dish install and activate the ext HDD and sub to welcome pak if SD is satisfactory. It isn't to me so I sub to a larger pak. Too me it's pretty much if it isn't HD I just don't care anymore.

Well Netflix s*x... They let you watch seasons 1-2 by streaming. TWO YEARS OLD.
Season three by DVD in the mail only. ONE YEAR OLD.

CURRENT season four? Wait till 2013 to get it by DVD or wait till 2014 to watch it online. BOO............

(American Pickers that is..)

I'll keep my $8 per month, thanks anyway..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)