History HD - Today?

Wanting your audio to sync with the picture is not too much to ask.

I agree with you. Audio sync issues are another situation entirely and people should email DishQuality and remark about their problems. They're generally quick to fix these issues in my experience with locals issues.

This is really ignorant. I am embarrassed for you for posting such drivel.

Wanting your audio to sync with the picture is not too much to ask. The quantity over quality comments are tired, give it a rest. People want more channels and they want them to work. What is wrong with that? In all aspects of life humans want the most for their money.

Sure, we want it to work, and it will work. But its the first stinking day. And if I were to guess, I'd say that its most likely the problem on History Channel's end. Give it time, and it will all get straightened out.

I say its a great day - we have yet another HD channel. Charlie - keep them coming! :D

I haven't been watching attentively (watching the Red Sox game) but I didn't see lip sync issue earlier.. Doesn't mean it isn't there.

ALthough my 722 locked up and rebooted on Foxnews earlier in the day. I think sometimes maybe it's getting something nasty from the signal that it doesn't like. I've only had it happen twice so far, but I've only had the box for a week.

Sure, we want it to work, and it will work. But its the first stinking day. And if I were to guess, I'd say that its most likely the problem on History Channel's end. Give it time, and it will all get straightened out.

I say its a great day - we have yet another HD channel. Charlie - keep them coming! :D

I think most people are happy, just making comments. In my case I was commenting on the audio sync issues and stated how nice the picture looks. Personally, I don't mind SD upconversion. That shows the channel is serious about HD and their intention of bringing HD programming. They are basically saying, "here it is, here is our channel, programming is on the way."
If they show me a channel labeled HD, this day in age (2007), and it only has 1 hour a week of HD programming now, I know that in time they will add more and more. I'd rather have the channel labeled HD with no HD programming now than be begging for my provider to add it later on down the road when a majority or all of their programming is HD. We are lucky we get these channels so early. We'll be here the whole time as programming gets put on the air.

I guess people will never be satisfied. First you want more HD channels, now. Then you get new channels. Then you complain that the picture stinks, it's too small, it's upconverted, there's a lip-synch problem...sheesh...it's NEW people, give it a chance. People want quantity over quality and they sure got it.

Thank you so much...I couldn't agree with you more. It's important for people to note that this is a NEW technology, it's not perfect and it won't be for a long time. However, at least to me, the video quality is far better than trying to watch Dish's overcompressed SD feed. On top of that, I have a CRT HDTV and I have to stretch the image to prevent burn-in on the sides of the screen. Except in recent years, most of the content that was ever filmed & taped for television has been in 4:3 mode, and there's a lot of good programming out there in 4:3 mode that should not be thrown out just because it isn't HD. Let's be thankful for what we are getting, and be patient as the bugs get worked out.

i have the lip synch also and it's the only channel HD or SD doing it
I expect burps so it's no biggie

I do hope that we're not going to have a rushed rollout of HD channels with mostly SD, simply because of the demand for more more more..
We're going to have a rushed rollout of HD channels with mostly SD, simply because DirecTV has to fulfill their advertising promises.

Dish Network has to add the same channels because of threads like the one in this Forum "Are You Jealous of DirecTV ?"

Don't you love that - people jealous of DirecTV's engineering test list ??

How lame can you get !

Yeah I wonder if they'll sing the same tune if D* doesn't even get 9/10 of these channels (short of the ones E* already has) up until next year.

I went and got the carrier for today. The one that didn't try to sue 100$ a month customers claiming 'theft of service' they were being paid for.

Was already a D* customer previously, wont' happen again.

I'm watching "The Universe" on my ViP211 & Toshiba 34HF81 and there is a slight lip-sync. I'm glad to see this is full screen 16:9 instead of the 4:3 letterboxed program that "Mega Disasters" was.

I'm watching "The Universe" on my ViP211 & Toshiba 34HF81 and there is a slight lip-sync. I'm glad to see this is full screen 16:9 instead of the 4:3 letterboxed program that "Mega Disasters" was.

I got lip synch problem on all of my receivers.

"The Universe" program was quite good. I wish 90% of the people in the USA could watch and understand these 2 hours of science. I wasn't watching critically for image quality, I was using my laptop at the same time. And there were significant lip sync issues, but as I wasn't glued to watching their faces, that wasn't a big deal.

So now that we have the channel.. time to start bitching about the lack of HD content and poor PQ :D
Hear, hear! At least they dropped the 24x7 "H HD" bug in the lower-right corner.

I loved The Universe program! PQ was fantastic. But the lip sync issue was bad. Luckily, most of the talk was voiceover. I also have the lip sync issue on some of my local HD channels...I couldn't watch 'According to Jim' last night, it was so bad. I never had any of these kinds of problems when I was with Directv. I don't understand why it seems to be such an ongoing issue with DISH.

I watched Lost Worlds last night and it looked great. There was a little bit of a lip sync issue but most of the speaking was done by a narrator so it wasn't a big deal. I guess I need to check it some more, but every time I have turned it on the shows have been in HD. It seems to have a lot more HD than A&E.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts