HITS upgrading to dvb s2 technology

Status
Please reply by conversation.
pissssst...come over here in the alley :dev
Here's how it works...

You email us the channels you would like to view. We will send you a return email instructing you to donate the appropriate amount. Once your donation is verified, we will forward your channel request to the providers. They will turn off the encryption on the channels you requested (or they won't). At that point, you will (or won't) be enjoying the best quality that the Fortec Ultra HD has to offer! And that's no lie!!!

!
or they won't
sounds cool man :popcorn

I initially had a long winded response to the above post however I deleted it as am not going to waste anyone's time.

Cheers, K

Last edited:
Anony55's post is for real and not a joke? Serious???

Please tell me that this is not really a cut and paste and is really just a bad joke!

Anony55's post is for real and not a joke? Serious???

Please tell me that this is not really a cut and paste and is really just a bad joke!

I havent been sleeping well/much lately because my 16 month old son isnt feeling well s the first thing I did after reading it
was check the date to see if we were already on April 1st.

Cheers, K

Topic? What topic?

This section always goes way off topic.
I think it's because C-Band and 4DTV are so far out of main stream anymore that those that still own the big dish don't really care if they follow the main stream or not. That's what makes this section more special than any forum I have ever been on.
We have the FTA Shack for B/S.
Over the years, I've learned a great deal from the C-band Department.
Sadly, this thread doesn't deliver on the promise of its title.

May I suggest it be given a more appropriate name, and moved to the FTA Shack?

Come on guys. No one could really take that post seriously.

Anyone thinking it was inappropriate just needs to lighten up. That, and go back and read the OP... which kinda invited a post like that.

Cheers

The problem with the "tongue in cheek" cut and paste is that the post is close to the actual text that is visible to the public. I thought that maybe the members had additional information in the "private" forum.

The problem with the "tongue in cheek" cut and paste is that the post is close to the actual text that is visible to the public. I thought that maybe the members had additional information in the "private" forum.

What are you talking about?? I literally made that piece up as I went. That post is 100% fiction that came straight from my head. Sure, I based it on the known personality and conduct of a certain individual, but that post was no altered C&P from anywhere else. The entire text came from my brain and nowhere else.

Scott probably nailed it. Even as outrageous and over the top as it was... it still sounded like something he would say/do. Still, I would've thought that the "composite to HDMI adapter" would tip off any potential believer. If not, surely the pricing should have.

I mean, come on!! I even highlighted the "N" in red just to make sure that even the "skimmiest" (word??) of readers couldn't miss it.

However, since C&P has been brought up by more than one of you guys... how about pointing me in the right direction of the other page that you were thinking about?

Just keep in mind, I'm sure I will be banned at one particular site after that post. :)

Cheers

Please put me on the pre-order list for this great new receiver, price no object...

as long as it does 4:2:2. :D

4:2:2 is yesterday's old technology and is going away. Our new receiver will use the latest technology. It will do 6:6:6. :D

Cheers

Poe's Law - when someone or something is so out there (extreme, crazy, etc) that it's hard to tell whether something is a parody/satire or not. Usually comes up in political discussions on the internet (on either end of the spectrum.) A good example was the recent propaganda video put out by North Korea describing life in the US, but with a fake translation for the narration. As for the supposed copypasta, it started very believable and became more obvious that it was parody as I read. If it hadn't been for the red N and a few other phrases, I would've thought it real.

What are you talking about?? I literally made that piece up as I went. That post is 100% fiction that came straight from my head. Sure, I based it on the known personality and conduct of a certain individual, but that post was no altered C&P from anywhere else. The entire text came from my brain and nowhere else.

I , for one, appreciated the sarcasm. Gave me a good laugh this morning.

Catamount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)