Holy CRAP I am glad I didn't fall for the Hopper!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
jimmanhattan said:
No! I called, this is what i was told. I'm NOT going to jump through hoops to beg Directv to keep me or beg for a better price.
I know the person i talked to has their head up their a**, especially regarding the HR34 but that's Directv problem, they should make sure their CSR knows what they are talking about.
When i spoke to this person she made me feel like i was a king and then wanted to shove it up my a** for $515. NO thankyou.
As far as calling retention or this person or that person or email this person and so on. Why?
Directv should be begging ME to stay. If Directv doesn't want my $1300+ per year i'll give it to Dish.

I tottaly agree....I tried three times to get them to work with me and they refused...I'm not begging them.....I'll give my money to Dish

Everyone knows its a crap shoot with them at times. No one holds a gun to your head to stay with either provide. Pick whatever works and if you can get a better deal go for it. I don't think anyone here really cares who you are with, if it works for you that is all that matters.

They keep lots of loyal customers..I'm one of them :)

w7273l.jpg
I get programming discounts each year by making 1 or 2 phone calls.

JohnL said:
You may have one less receiver fee, but so what. Each additional Dual Tuner receiver could cost $17 or more. I'd rather pay DirecTV's $6 receiver fee. BTW I used to have Dish Network, and my additional receiver fees cost more than my programing fees.

John

The first Duo receiver covering 2 TVs does not have a charge as it is the primary receiver. The second Duo receiver is $14/mo.; a second Duo DVR receiver is $17/mo. The only receiver that may have a higher fee would be the 922; I believe that it is $21 for additional ones. If you have a DVR there would be a $6 DVR fee unless you have a receiver like the 211 which can be turned or integrated into a DVR for a one-time $40 fee.

I believe there are some Duo DVRs that are even $10/mo.

What programming did you have? The Welcome Pack ($14.99), Family, HD Absolute, Dish America? How many TVs did you have? I would think you had a lower tiered pack or many TVs.

You may have one less receiver fee, but so what. Each additional Dual Tuner receiver could cost $17 or more. I'd rather pay DirecTV's $6 receiver fee. BTW I used to have Dish Network, and my additional receiver fees cost more than my programing fees.

John

Not true with Hopper/Joey system. $6 DVR fee, $4 whole home fee; no receiver fee first Hopper; ALL aditional boxes, Hopper OR Joeys $7 apiece. Adds up to $10 first box plus $7 each for the rest.

I've made three phone calls and they have offered me next to nothing to stay with them....I can take a hint

Sorry that you can't get a good deal. I posted in reply to your original post to illustrate that it's not a blanket issue where D* doesn't make efforts to retain all loyal customers.

Ok well after this thread and more research... I would need 2 hoppers and 3 joeys for 5 tvs. It would be $199 for the extra hopper and give me 6 tuners total, all of which can record. Hoppers can't talk to each other yet but we can put them in the office and kids room where we don't watch hardly any recorded stuff and put the joeys on the main tvs to talk to both hoppers. 6 tuners is probably enough but I still don't like the idea of each tv not having its own tuner...

Conversely, for the same price I can get directv to add another hr24 which gives 4 tuners that can record, anything can talk to anything and I never have to worry about a tv not getting signal since the other tvs have their own boxes. Problem here is im maxed out at 6 tvs with two hr24s and I could not get a hr34 and have more than 4 tvs without a $600 upgrade to handle more tuners... with the hopper we can have 8 or even 12 if 3 hoppers can eventually be networked together.

I guess the hopper is ok if using two of them for my scenario... ill have to think about it some more. Im getting 3 months worth of orders overseas (USAF) this summer so I can avoid any directv etfs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

A few minor glitches

Need info to upgrade to HD antenna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)