Hopper 3 Available Jan. 30th

ahh ok well I have always gotten a free upgrade. Even now when I called CS back last month they told me my account qualifies for a free upgrade as I have been out of contract for close to a year and my account is in good standing.
I've upgraded when new units were released so I've pretty much always been in a contract - until now. No issues otherwise so will probably get free upgrade as well.

I've upgraded when new units were released so I've pretty much always been in a contract - until now. No issues otherwise so will probably get free upgrade as well.
CS also told me depending on the account that the install fee could be waived, but I guess we will find out tomorrow. If we can't get the install fee waived what is the minimum we would need to keep the dish protection plan and what does it cost ?

Reactions: peggy97850
i saw the list who might be working in the morning the only i one i know is Zach he works early in the morning there could be more people coming in.

If you qualify for a free H3 upgrade, there will be no $10 or $95 tech visit fee. If your upgrade is $150, the tech visit fee may apply (maybe they waive it, maybe they don't).

What did they charge you to upgrade in contract? That's what I'm going to do since my service started in December..had service for years before but this is new account. Good credit and everything though.

I was just told that I qualify for a free Hopper 3 upgrade, but there will be a $95 service fee. She couldn't 's hedge anything because they don't know of the release date yet. This was via a conversation with a DIRT member on this forum. I was also told that the Super Joey I have for my upstairs TV is not compatible with the Hopper 3.

I was just told that I qualify for a free Hopper 3 upgrade, but there will be a $95 service fee. She couldn't 's hedge anything because they don't know of the release date yet. This was via a conversation with a DIRT member on this forum. I was also told that the Super Joey I have for my upstairs TV is not compatible with the Hopper 3.
Already knew SJ wasn't going to be compatible, just like H2 - but not budging on tech fee is a concern.

The Hopper 3 is only compatible with the Joey 2, Wireless Joey and 4K Joey.

What did they charge you to upgrade in contract? That's what I'm going to do since my service started in December..had service for years before but this is new account. Good credit and everything though.
Wouldn't be surprised if you had to pay the $150 - after all you just got new equipment. It's all going to depend on what the Dish rep says you "qualify" for, some will get great deals, others will have to pay something - the waiting will be over tomorrow!

I was just told that I qualify for a free Hopper 3 upgrade, but there will be a $95 service fee..........

That is interesting. If you qualified for a free H3 upgrade through a retailer, the $95 fee definitely would not apply. Maybe they waived what could have been a $150 H3 upgrade fee but charged the $95 tech visit fee.

This was via a conversation with a DIRT member on this forum. I was also told that the Super Joey I have for my upstairs TV is not compatible with the Hopper 3.
Remember CSR's (even DIRT) can't talk about products officially until they are in their computer... which to my understanding won't be until tomorrow morning. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)