Hopper 3 Available Jan. 30th

Unless you were following along on here. :biggrin

The average Joe has never heard of this site. If someone, who was thinking about signing up with Dish, seen these reports and press releases about the Hopper3, they would be expecting the new remote. Just seems like Dish is setting it's self up for a lot of complaints about not getting what was advertised.

The average Joe has never heard of this site. If someone, who was thinking about signing up with Dish, seen these reports and press releases about the Hopper3, they would be expecting the new remote. Just seems like Dish is setting it's self up for a lot of complaints about not getting what was advertised.

The average Joe probably doesn't even know what the Hopper 3 is either though.

The average Joe doesn't even know about Hopper 3 yet. Now, tomorrow, after the announcement is made of availability to the public and written ads come out you will not see the touch pad/voice remote in any of it...

Just FYI, there are many other requirements needed in order to get 4k on Netflix. DISH has nothing to do with it.

Read here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444
Thanks. That site recommends 25 meg download speeds for 4K . The Netflix plan for 4K is $11.99 per month a $4 increase over the plan I currently have. You have to set the download to high. It does allow 4 screens at once. My plan is $7.99 with HD and 2 screens at a time. I set the speed to auto and get what I can.

Just FYI, there are many other requirements needed in order to get 4k on Netflix. DISH has nothing to do with it.

Read here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444
Thanks. That site recommends 25 meg download speeds for 4K . The Netflix plan for 4K is $11.99 per month a $4 increase over the plan I currently have. You have to set the download to high. It does allow 4 screens at once. My plan is $7.99 with HD and 2 screens at a time. I set the speed to auto and get what I can.

Can anyone tell me if the 4K joey or Joey2.0 can use the "swap"feature? I use it a lot on my HWS and my Joey 1 cannot do it.

I emailed a dish rep on the dish forum and he told me he did not see a contract on my account and he said I am in good standings with dish.What would that mean like would I get a free upgrade....anybody?

I emailed a dish rep on the dish forum and he told me he did not see a contract on my account and he said I am in good standings with dish.What would that mean like would I get a free upgrade....anybody?

Most likely means you qualify for a free upgrade.

Can anyone tell me if the 4K joey or Joey2.0 can use the "swap"feature? I use it a lot on my HWS and my Joey 1 cannot do it.
If you are talking about picture in picture, The 4K will be able to do it but not right away. Joey 1 or 2 can't do that.