Hopper S221 Feedback

DNLA still does not work with Serviio as a source (nothing ever appears when that source is selected). I know other DNLA server do work, but Servio works best with all my other clients (Samsung Blue Ray, LG Blue Ray, Xbox 360, Toshiba TV).

I had a crash tonight and a purple screen three hours later on my Hopper. Also I don't get the point of having the apps overlay the video while it still plays back because if you are watching a DVR event and want to post a quick update on twitter or facebook and back out will send you all the way back to live TV and you have to restart your DVR event. This feature would work nice if you are watching something live.

With that said I played around with it last night and really put this release to the test. I was recording two timers, downloading some movies from Epix on Demand while playing with the applications and doing searches for movies on Epix Drive In that I wanted to see if they were on the Epix HD channels. I had absolutely no problems last night and S221 seems like a very stable release.

It seems like they squashed the bug where the Hopper would become unresponsive for about 30 seconds while performing searches and hitting the back button to back out of the search menus that would cause your timers to stop recording. This was really a big issue for my Hopper during the S209/S212 release.

Last night after I got home I found my second hopper had lost all authorization and I did a red power button reboot. It started over and did a software download screen then quickly came up with the first screen where you pair the remote , check mark, software download, check mark and then it authorized, check mark and I selected live tv. I then saw that all my preferences were gone , but the timers were still there. I had to go back and fix the locks , change the way the guide runs; ascending or descending. Strange that it would lose authorization from a two days ago. I turned it on this morning and it was working fine in the master bedroom and all my preferences were right.

I still often lose the CC after doing skip forward or skip backward. It is very annoying. I have to usually do a FF for several minutes the Fast rewind back to the spot I was watching and the CC often comes back. They really need to spend some time on the CC on the Hopper. They have fixed a lot of bugs but this one still is outstanding.

I still often lose the CC after doing skip forward or skip backward. It is very annoying. I have to usually do a FF for several minutes the Fast rewind back to the spot I was watching and the CC often comes back. They really need to spend some time on the CC on the Hopper. They have fixed a lot of bugs but this one still is outstanding.

A single skip back is all you need to do to restore the CC after you've skipped fwd.

I have this one too. I can't access Rentals either. I have tried clicking on the "Rentals" folder and also selecting "Rentals" from the drop-down menu. Using either option, nothing happens. A reboot fixed it last night, but it came back again today. I can't be rebooting the Hopper all of the time because it interrupts anybody viewing TV in any room and it interrupts any recordings (including PTAT). So, I can't watch any of my Rentals until all of my recordings stop so I can reboot the Hopper. :(

7770981960_a27c8cb510_c.jpg
I have this crappy white border too after the update. Hate it.

Just used Pandora app for first time. Hopper has S221. I have two Hoppers and no Joeys. After closing the Pandora app and going back to live TV, I had no sound on the TV show and a weird buzzy noise coming from the TV. The noise persisted, even when I turned off the Hopper. Once I turned it back on, the noise persisted for a few seconds, the TV picture froze, then audio came back followed by the picture unfreezing.

One of my Hoppers still consistently fails to add the AutoHop option on 80-100 % of eligible PTAT recordings. This Hopper also drops local channels from favorites list and loses CC after skipping.

Am I the only one that has the pink static issue on Joeys after they are idle for a long period of time? It is definitely looking like a HDMI issue and this started on one of the last two builds (not sure which). When I turn on the Joey and TV in my bedroom, the screen has pink/white static on the screen. Disconnecting the HDMI cable does not seem to force another handshake.

After about 2-3 minutes of this static I get a HMDI signal window pop up on my TV and slowly it seems to start synching up the video and sound between the static for another minute or two and then it looks like normal TV.

I can speed the process along by doing a power reboot of the Joey, but this is getting ridiculous as it happened everyday.

Am I the only one that has the pink static issue on Joeys after they are idle for a long period of time? It is definitely looking like a HDMI issue and this started on one of the last two builds (not sure which). When I turn on the Joey and TV in my bedroom, the screen has pink/white static on the screen. Disconnecting the HDMI cable does not seem to force another handshake.

After about 2-3 minutes of this static I get a HMDI signal window pop up on my TV and slowly it seems to start synching up the video and sound between the static for another minute or two and then it looks like normal TV.

I can speed the process along by doing a power reboot of the Joey, but this is getting ridiculous as it happened everyday.

I've had a pink hue on the hopper after coming out of standby now and then. Mine is not static, just everything has a pink hue to it. If I cycle through my TV inputs, it goes back to normal.

I've had a pink hue on the hopper after coming out of standby now and then. Mine is not static, just everything has a pink hue to it. If I cycle through my TV inputs, it goes back to normal.

I saw this same thing this morning on my second hopper. I thought the hdmi cable had gone bad. But after waiting a few seconds the picture came back.

I had that once with the pink hue that was fixed as you stated. This is definitely looking like a signal issue as it is static until the HDMI seems to wake up and sync up.

Looks like others have reported it here, but I cannot access On Demand at all with 221. I can get into all the other apps, just no on demand from any access point I can find. Also selecting Rentals from the DVR menu does nothing at all. Otherwise the system is stable.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I had that once with the pink hue that was fixed as you stated. This is definitely looking like a signal issue as it is static until the HDMI seems to wake up and sync up.
Okay.. this is starting to sound like a common problem. I had the same problem twice the other day. My parents saw the same thing. Both Hoppers on the latest software. Changing inputs on the TV away from the HDMI input, and back again, always solves the problem. How do we officially report this bug to engineering?

I'm re-posting this under S221 Feedback because that is the software I had when this happened on 08/17. Sorry for the re-post.

I ran into a problem last night with my Hopper. I have Big Brother set to record weekly, and while that recorded, I decided to record Anger Management. Well when both recordings were done and I went to watch them, I went to my folders and found BB and pressed the > and it took me to a screen with a red circle with a line though it, in the upper right corner of the screen. In the center of the was a large image of the box that gives you the 3 choices of Delete...DVR...Live...TV. When I would go tho DVR and press the > on my remote, it take me right back to My Folders, then the whole thing would repeat again. I also notice that when I found it in my folder, BB shows "100% Watched", even though it was never watched. The same thing happened with Anger Management.

I did notice that the recording didn't shut down after the programs were recorded. I have it set to stop at 3 minutes after the program ends. The recorder wouldn't let me manually turn it off either. Yet, when I check the tuners, all three were clear, no recording showing. So I did a reset using the red button on the Hopper.

Today BB is still doing the same thing, but Anger Management showed "0% Watched", and I was able to view it.

Has anybody else had any similar "Locked" recording problems, or recorded shows that showed "100% Watched" when they haven't been watched at all?

Ghpr13:(

If 3 programs are recording on my Hopper simultaneously, I cannot delete any past recordings. You have to wait until one of the tuners is free before you can delete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts