Hopper S221 Feedback

I'm still seeing the bug where if I go and view recordings from my second hopper from my first in folder view. Once opening a folder to view episodes if I try to back out of the folder it goes back to my fist dvrs recording instead of my seconds. Be nice if this would get fixed as it is annoying. Are others seeing this?

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys

Yup

edit: for those trying to figure out what this update did, it looks like the available space in my hopper increased from 1 TB to 1231 GB...or about 1.2 TB's

The HDD increase was at S215. 1 Hopper has S221, other 2 are still on S217. Only thing I noticed difference other than increased MRV stability is that the headphones icon was replaced with a bluetooth icon.

I swear I had Pandora working on my Joeys with an earlier update. Now, we are back to the slide that says "coming later".....

You're not imaging things. It was working on the Joey, now it isn't. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the app on a Joey, but I didn't use it all that much. My dad on the other hand...

It appears that S221 finally fixed the problem of the info screen showing wrong episode information on recorded programs you're watching.

-Todd

looks like with the s221 update my folders when I hit DVR look very strange. There is no images on them. They have a light colored folder and a dark background. Other then that. DVR still seems slow at times when trying to access DVR.

Now have S221 on all the Hoppers, S271 on all the Joeys, so far so good! I think MRV will be a lot more stable now. We shall see!

Since S221, I occasionally get a pink hue covering the entire screen coming out of standby. The only way to fix it is to cycle through the inputs on my Samsung TV.

I notice that the pixelation and sound drops at :29 and :59 still haven't been fixed in S221. These have been there since day 1 and it's starting to get a bit annoying now.....

-Todd

During my morning pink static issue on my Joey today I had just turned on my system in the bedroom and was about to hop out of bed to mash the reset button for a reboot when the phone rang. During my conversation it looked like the video/audio streams were trying to sync up as I would get progressively normal video / audio in short bursts through the pink static until it resolved itself in about 2 minutes without any reboot necessary. That got me curious as I had assumed the pink issue was a HDMI problem, but I am not so sure now. Any clue as to what is going on when my Joey is in standby for long periods.

The wiring is super simple at my home as I am on a slab and the people that built the house only installed two home run coax connections to the phone box outside where I have my single node, and the home was built in 2009 with RG6.

both hoppers and the joey updated between 1:45 and 2:15. One thing I noticed right away is that the slowness of the joey is gone. More like it how it was before s213. Might be even slightly faster.

The lag when loading DVR recordings is gone on the joey (also showed up around s213). Skip forward and back are responsive again.

All these minor bugs were getting really annoying because of the volume. Nice to see them start to be sorted.

Haven't used the Hopper yet, but I expect it to be solid as well considering how nicely the Joey is working.

Can't access rentals. Have to red button reboot every day. Bright side is there isn't much to watch anyway.

Can't access rentals. Have to red button reboot every day. Bright side is there isn't much to watch anyway.
when did that red button resetting start and have you done any diagnosing?

I hope you at least messaged someone at DIRT to get some dialogue going to get to the bottom of it.

With the way everything is running now on s221, i really get the sense that any resetting will be very minimal on my H/J equipment.

we got the S221 update today, after calling to get a new hopper yesterday since the whole system kept freezing up multiple times a day. will see if the new one has the update already on it

we got the S221 update today, after calling to get a new hopper yesterday since the whole system kept freezing up multiple times a day. will see if the new one has the update already on it
I also got a replacement Hopper due to the constant lockups in standby and freezing while watching. But, I'm waiting to see how it works with S221, which only came down for me this morning.

If the SW fixes the issues, I'm not gonna go through the hassle of swapping Hoppers.

Has anybody else noticed that the green percentage watched bar is on top of the show tiles in the DVR now but the words are still on the bottom?

Cannot access On Demand. Rebooted and still didn't work the other night, but then later it started working. Tonight, same thing. Frustrating now that HBO On Demand is there and I cannot get to it!

Got 221 last night, not impressed so far. Hopper has crashed and rebooted several times today. Also has frozen up solid a couple times and forced me to pull the plug. I haven't seen this kind of behavior since 213. It also recording things that aren't new and things that I told it to skip before the upgrade. Can't skip stuff in the daily schedule without it freezing or crashing either...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts