Hopper S221 Feedback

Cannot access On Demand. Rebooted and still didn't work the other night, but then later it started working. Tonight, same thing. Frustrating now that HBO On Demand is there and I cannot get to it!
HBO OnDemand has always been there from day one. It's only recently that they added more content to it.

S221 seems to have affected communication with Dish Online and Dish Remote Access. everyday now i need to reboot Hopper in order for Timers, Scheduled, Conflicts, and Skipped to show in either Dish Online or the iDevice apps. PTAT and Recordings do show without reboot required. works until nightly update, then I have to reboot again for those categories to show data.

S221 seems to have affected communication with Dish Online and Dish Remote Access. everyday now i need to reboot Hopper in order for Timers, Scheduled, Conflicts, and Skipped to show in either Dish Online or the iDevice apps. PTAT and Recordings do show without reboot required. works until nightly update, then I have to reboot again for those categories to show data.
Same here.

Just noticed I could not access apps or on-demand screen. Instead of launching, it just goes back to the broadcast screen it was on. Reset fixed it.
I have noticed since S221 (and didn't think anything of it until now) that when I launch the apps menu, it isn't filling up the whole screen. I can still see the picture of whatever tv station was on around the edges of the app "overlay" screen. It isn't frozen either, but full movement going on. Instead of a full menu screen it is presenting as an overlay. Also, when using Pandora, the audio from the TV station is still present until Pandora fully launches (instead of going away as Pandora is loading). When Pandora is quit, audio of the tv station will not return until I change channels.
I have also had to reboot in order to be able to access "my rentals"

Last edited:
Just noticed I could not access apps or on-demand screen. Instead of launching, it just goes back to the broadcast screen it was on. Reset fixed it.
I have noticed since S221 (and didn't think anything of it until now) that when I launch the apps menu, it isn't filling up the whole screen. I can still see the picture of whatever tv station was on around the edges of the app "overlay" screen. It isn't frozen either, but full movement going on. Instead of a full menu screen it is presenting as an overlay. Also, when using Pandora, the audio from the TV station is still present until Pandora fully launches (instead of going away as Pandora is loading). When Pandora is quit, audio of the tv station will not return until I change channels.
I have also had to reboot in order to be able to access "my rentals"

You can adjust the screen from the Format TV->Screen Adjustment to cover the edges.

I have 2 hopper and 2 joeys. With s217 my sling adapter was working perfectly. I now have s221 and when I go to dish online,
my receivers show up as connected buy when I try to play a dvr recording or live tv I only get video loading. It never plays the video.

I rebooted the receiver and can now play Dvr recordings but not live tv. Live tv will play on my android but not from dish online.

Todd

Last edited:
Now with latest software on both Hoppers and all four Joeys. Still issues with Internet connection via HIC causing Joeys to be unable to find their Hopper. When disconnect Ethernet from HIC, systems returns to being stable. Also, do not like the skip back arrow action. It used to be smooth and effective. Now it takes several tries to get it to skip back.

I can't get to DishOnline or Blockbuster @ Home (B@H from either the Menu screen or dedicated button). I could try doing a RBR, as fuzzfacefrombboard did above, but it 's not worth the trouble. I didn't try the other apps, but if they don't work, I might have to do the RBR. For all I know, DishOnline and B@H may have NEVER worked, but I know the other apps did before 221.

Is your Hopper located in a difficult-to-access place, or something?

LOL, No, they're easy to get to......I just don't use DishOnline or B@H much.....and it's just not worth waiting for a reboot to see if that works. I was mostly wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue/bug.

Closed captions badly unsynchronized. They used to be timely, even ahead of time on some programs. Now they are so far behind, one or two characters might have spoken before the first character's captions appear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)