Hopper S221 Feedback

tormato said:
If 3 programs are recording on my Hopper simultaneously, I cannot delete any past recordings. You have to wait until one of the tuners is free before you can delete.

All you need to do is start playing back a different recording and then delete the one you just finished.

Sent from my DROIDX

All you need to do is start playing back a different recording and then delete the one you just finished.

Sent from my DROIDX
Actually , you don't have to start another recording. You can just go to any tuner that is being used and out of the program you are watching and then you can delete the recording.

Dish needs to get the guide to default to your favorites list and stop it going to "My Channels". It just doesn't make sense to have a favorite list, and half to bring it back up each day. Also, every so often, on my favorites list, I will "lose" one of my channels and have to re-edit my favorites list and re-add that channel. This sometimes takes 5-8 tries before it will stay in my favorites list. I have a feeling this may cause by the guide defaulting to "My Channels".

Ghpr13:mad:

1) I still can't play back EHD transferred recordings on either Hopper (See below)

2) I'm also experiencing the pink / static issues on one of my Joeys (not sure about the other one as I don't watch that one much). The static issue started at the same time the Hoppers took the S217 software (I don't memeber the exact corresponding Joey software) but the issue persists after the hoppers got S221. My static issues are a little different from what I've read about so far though. It will be a breif second of static across either the top or bottom half of the screen, then go away. Then some times it will be a small bar of static right around where you would normall see the on screen volume control of the TV. In each case, it is usually just for a second.

3) I'm not able to access on-demand from one of my hoppers, though the other one is fine. Resetting and such hasn't resolve the issue.

Here is my original post from last month on the EHD issue.
=========================

To clarify a bit, I upgraded to a 2H/2J system last month (July 5th - aka: day 0) (I *upgraded* from a pair of 722K units) and prior to replacing the IRDs, I transferred my recording from each 722k to an external hard drive (two differnet drives and two different manufacturers). On Friday afternoon, after the install, I moved all the recordings onto the new hoppers (approach was to copy the recordings from the old 722k to the corrosponding replacement hopper i.e.: a one for one deal). Everything transferred successfully and I was able to playback both the transferred and new recordings without issue on both Day 0 and Day 1.

Then on Day 2 of my Hopper ownership and I noticed today that although all of my previous recordings are on the hopper units (they were successfully transferred with no error messages), I'm now unable to play back the recordings. Most of them simply start like they are going to play and display no error message but then I get prompted like the playback is finished and I need to select to go back to the DVR list or view Live TV.

This is affecting BOTH of my hopper units but on both of them, any newly archived recordings that have occured since Day 0 all play back just fine as do some new DVR recordings.

=============================================

thomas

recordings from other devices have been problematic for a while. it's not new on 221, but it's good to know for those of us who have been gunshy since they have lost recordings on a previous release.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Just noticed... They changed the title System Info in YELLOW - 9 - 2 to System Status. Yet MENU - MENU still says System Info. That's random...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Recording transfer issue

Has anyone else experienced this because it's my first encounter with this issue. I am on S221 and tonight I was transferring Alphas to my external hard drive. The first time around my unit crashed during the transfer so I figured no big deal I'll just re-transfer the TV episodes. I went a head and selected all the episodes that were still on my Hopper and re-transferred them and when it finished I got the dialog "There was an error transferring one or more of your recordings" I went to play this episode on the Hopper system and I got the Error 05. So I figured I would check to see if the other episodes transferred over to the external drive and still be playable while taking note of the episode # of the episode that didn't transfer and became corrupted. While browsing through the list of episodes for Alphas now on the external drive the episode that my Hopper said couldn't transfer and left on my Hopper, was there and playable. Playback through 30x fast forward/rewind seemed like everything was fine.

When you go into "Daily Schedule" and edit anything, such as skipping a show, the list falls all the way back to the current day, even if you were editing something a week from now. BIG PITA! I usually need to edit several things on one day at a time. Scrolling all the way back to a week away for each edit is no fun.

I think 05 may indicate possible HDD problems. Anybody know?
IIRC, it means there is no streaming content on the HDD (EHD or Internal). The file data/show info is there. But, no actual media content.

I had that happen to an entire transfer's worth of recordings once, when transferring from Hopper to replacement. Very annoying.

When you go into "Daily Schedule" and edit anything, such as skipping a show, the list falls all the way back to the current day, even if you were editing something a week from now. BIG PITA! I usually need to edit several things on one day at a time. Scrolling all the way back to a week away for each edit is no fun.

There are several places where the Hopper doesn't retain you selection when it should. The Hopper constantly switched back to the internal drive after doing anything with the external HD. I think the channel filters aren't sticky either. In short, the Hopper should keep whatever selections you make!

Over the weekend I lost FoxHD Local from my favorites list. It was on all the other "Pre-made" list. So once again I edited my list of channels, and added FoxHD. And, once again, it wouldn't add to my list. I tried 5 times. I did a "red"button reset, and tried adding it again. No go. I pued the plug for about 3-5 minutes, tried adding again, no dice! So then I deselected the Dish channel 101, and added FoxHD. That worked! So then I re-added Dish 101, and both channels were now added to my favorites list! This is why I say the Hopper is rather "buggy" and needs some more software fixes. This get very frustrating to have channels in your favorites list just disappear all of the sudden for no reason. Then having the Hopper not accept the channel back without finding a work around. (And I know it's nothing I did to remove the channel from my favorite list, because if it was, then when I re-add it should be accepted without a problem.) I have a total of 94 channels in my favorites list.
Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)