Hopper S221 Feedback

I'm having the same problem, I can't deselect an sd local channel, and can't select Fox HD local. I don't have ch.101 selected, so that work around won't work for me.
Dan

Dish was nice enough to let me have the HBO/Shotime/Cinemax ect. free for three months.:) So I went to my custom favs list to add the channels. I was scrolling as fast as it would go to get the channels, and the display went black, then I had the tiney window issue. Had to reset the box. I was able to duplicate it too. So after rebooting, then adding the new channels, I noticed my local Fox channel was gone.:rant: Had to go back in and add it, plus one more channel so it would stay. I really wish Dish would fix this as well as keeping your custom channel list as default.

Dish was nice enough to let me have the HBO/Shotime/Cinemax ect. free for three months.:) So I went to my custom favs list to add the channels. I was scrolling as fast as it would go to get the channels, and the display went black, then I had the tiney window issue. Had to reset the box. I was able to duplicate it too. So after rebooting, then adding the new channels, I noticed my local Fox channel was gone.:rant: Had to go back in and add it, plus one more channel so it would stay. I really wish Dish would fix this as well as keeping your custom channel list as default.

I have had that happen with my Hopper too. Scrolling too fast then locking up I mean.

I'm having the same problem, I can't deselect an sd local channel, and can't select Fox HD local. I don't have ch.101 selected, so that work around won't work for me.
Dan

Try de-selecting any other channel, then select FoxHD. If that works than re-select the channel you de-selected and see if they both keep in your favorites list.

Had my screen go black to with tiny picture in top left corner. P.I. T. A.

I have had that happen with my Hopper too. Scrolling too fast then locking up I mean.

Same here when I was trying to add FoxHD.

Ghpr13:(

Well, turned on TV this evening and go to check guide using my favorites list, (which now had defaulted back to "My Channels",) and once again FoxHD was gone from my favorites list. This, IMO, confirms that it's a glitch from Dish having "My Channels" as the default listing. This is really getting old!

Ghpr13:mad:

After making changes again, they didn't take, but now I see they registered as I set them. Must be some kind of a delay before they register. I'll have to check tomorrow.
Dan

For the first time since getting the Hopper/Joey system in April I experience a failure of one of my Hoppers last night. While watching a program that was recording on my other Hopper, the screen would go black every few minutes until finally the Hopper rebooted itself. The reboot seemed to go unusually slow and when the system finally came up I went back to trying to watch the program that was still recording. After a few minutes the screen went black again and froze, not allowing any remote commands to work. I finally hit the red reset button and when the system came back up it was missing the drop down button to pick a Hooper. Frustrated, I just turn it off hoping the nightly update would resolve these issues. When I turned it on this morning it functioned properly including being able to chose either Hopper. Not sure what the issue was last night but again this really is the first "major" issue I have had since upgrading.

In the last couple of days, I've been having my Hopper change screens or not bring up what I want with my remote. It's like all of the sudden the "Search" screen will be showing, or some other screen, but not what I was trying to bring up with the remote. At first I thought it was just me hitting the wrong buttons on the remote by accident, but lately it's happening a little to often for me to be doing this on my own.

Ghpr13:confused:

What is the address range for the 40.0 2G remotes?? I have not ran into this issue yet but have been wondering if and when there is a conflict with the remote address how can the problem be resolved... Or will this not happen due to how the remote addresses to each Hopper/Joey?

Zigbee devices have two address:

The IEEE 64-bit address. No two devices in the world share this address. This is the MAC Address

The network 16-bit address. This is unique to the network and assigned by the parent node. It appears that each Hopper / Joey is a parent node and maintains its own network of controllers.

It is not likely your hopper is be being controlled by someone else.

Zigbee devices have two address:

The IEEE 64-bit address. No two devices in the world share this address. This is the MAC Address

The network 16-bit address. This is unique to the network and assigned by the parent node. It appears that each Hopper / Joey is a parent node and maintains its own network of controllers.

It is not likely your hopper is be being controlled by someone else.

Just curious, I'm using 32.0 remotes with my Hopper, so do they still follow the same address methodology?

Just curious, I'm using 32.0 remotes with my Hopper, so do they still follow the same address methodology?
Hmmm, are they linked or just using IR? I didn't think the 32 would link to the hopper but i may be wrong. if it's IR then someone with a remote addressed to 1 and fairly close could cause a problem. is one in another room nearby?

Hmmm, are they linked or just using IR? I didn't think the 32 would link to the hopper but i may be wrong. if it's IR then someone with a remote addressed to 1 and fairly close could cause a problem. is one in another room nearby?
32.0 remotes should work via RF like the Hopper remote.

IIRC, the 32.0 remote won't do some of the functions like backup though.

Also when pairing the 32.0 remote you have to be RIGHT NEXT (as in place the remote on top of the receiver) during the pairing process. Otherwise after it's paired it works fine. 40.0 does not suffer this pairing issue.

I have to report that my pink static issues on my Joey have gotten fewer and fewer in numbers. I realize nothing has changed software wise (nor hardware wise for that reason as it is the same input on the TV and the same HDMI cable) but it is nice to actually get the picture immediately without having to watch it go through its "syncing up" gyrations or a power button reset.

Not really sure why it is behaving better now but I'm not arguing. :happyd2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)