Hopper S229 / S230 Feedback!

I record programs via AAD and the ones recorded from the four major networks have Autohop, after Midnight, PST.

You do have to have PTAT enabled.

that's right, i also recorded the PTAT programs (parallel with AAD) and all from the local FOX affiliate don't have the autohop. i asked and "subject to availability" was the answer.

nope, same programs, same schedule, different feeds (AAD FOX from NY and local FOX from PR). the PR feed is not getting autohop. the autohop is working for ABC, CBS & NBC from the local feed AND AAD.

Back home tonight and toying with this thing.

When just watching live tv, if I hit the red button, it shows one tuner on the show im watching, one tuner blank, and one tuner on another show. What Im finding is, it will only let me record two things at once, if I try and record a 3rd sat channel it gives me a "Recording in progress" popup. What would be the issue?

Here is what I have:

F4699A38-E708-45B0-92B8-9CC2AC4FE658-1002-0000012B595DDD98.jpg

Well, I was able to get that duplicate off. I fired up the Joey, and then set up one sat recording, which meant the Joey was using 1, one was recording, and then I was watching one. I then turned off the Joey and then started recording a second sat program, while watching fball. Once I stopped the two sat recordings, one tuner shows me watching football, the other two are now just available.

Very weird.

When it has the "conflict" thing, just tell it to "interrupt" the "phantom" tuner (which is actually PiP.)

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

After 1:00 am update, knocked off EHD AGAIN. Every night. Also, knocks off the local Fox Sat channel from Faves list...but not OTA local. Makes no sense.

It's these constant "bugs" that I feel make the Hopper, Dish's flagship DVR, less than stellar. Each SW update brings new problems to deal with.
Dish has great ideals for the Hopper, but like another poster had said, I wish they work on the problems the Hopper has/had, before trying to add new features.

Ghpr13:(

That local issue is the same one Im having. Last week it knocked off my local CBS sat channel, but kept the OTA channel in List 1. I cannot for the life of me add the Sat HD channel back. I can add the Sat SD version though...

Im just using the All HD channels Favorite right now.

That local issue is the same one Im having. Last week it knocked off my local CBS sat channel, but kept the OTA channel in List 1. I cannot for the life of me add the Sat HD channel back. I can add the Sat SD version though...

Mine will add back for a while, then drop off again.

Here is some feedback:

The status bar, when using trickplay, is plain fugly. Too big, and for an HD box, its kinda soft. Seems like this part of the interface could be sharpened up a bit.

I had bluetooth going happily for 3 days (S230). After last nights reboot, it didn't see my headphones this morning. Tried to pair again with no luck. Power button reset brought it back and listed the headphones as already paired. Working OK now.

Now I'm having the opposite problem. Sat Channel stays...OTA goes away.:confused:

Here is some more feedback:

When I'm on an OTA channel and hit say info, to see signal strength, the channel will have blips in the background that appear to be dropouts. They stop as soon as you go back to live tv.

Here is some more feedback:

When I'm on an OTA channel and hit say info, to see signal strength, the channel will have blips in the background that appear to be dropouts. They stop as soon as you go back to live tv.
Have not seen that BUT have had audio drop-outs doing that.

I have my DVR List sorted with no folders and by date. Is there not a way to get it reversed where the oldest are the first? I loved this on Directv, it makes no sense to have the oldest stuff last so I have to filter down thru it to watch the oldest show, and it's also annoying when I stop and delete a show and it puts me back at the top...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)