Hopper S229 / S230 Feedback!

My Hopper and Joey are both connected to the internet, I have no HIC, and (as of S222) Pandora on the Joey doesn't work. Even though my Joey is already connected to the internet will turning bridging on enable Pandora? Is there any downside to turning bridging on?

Thanks!

You may need to wait until you get to S229 to test further. If you have internet connected to your Joey you do not need bridging turned on in the Hopper. Bridging just enables your ethernet network to route on the MOCA side of your Hopper to your Joey, so you do not need an internet connection on the Joey if you turn that on. Once you are on S229 Pandora should work in your current configuration.

Just to clarify something you said earlier Bobby, Pandora does work on the Joeys with a HIC or bridging enabled on your Hopper.

Working fine with HIC here on the Joeys.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't have a HIC, but, with bridging enabled I do not get Pandora to work with my Joeys. It works fine on the Hopper. I have proven that bridging is enabled by seeing both Game Finder and my EHD, plugged into my Hopper on both Joeys...

I don't have a HIC, but, with bridging enabled I do not get Pandora to work with my Joeys. It works fine on the Hopper. I have proven that bridging is enabled by seeing both Game Finder and my EHD, plugged into my Hopper on both Joeys...

Are you on S229? The way to prove that you have bridging enabled is to go to your Hopper and go to Menu->Settings->Network Setup->Broadband

Select the Network Setup dropdown and choose MoCA.

Press the blue button twice and you will see the hidden Bridging button appear on the right hand side.

Select it and you will see an On/Off switch for bridging. If it is Off, select On and then press the Save button and it will configure the network accordingly.

Last edited:
Got S230 this morning. Was on S222. Looks like everything that was mentioned for 229, assume it was just a bug fix.

Just noticed -- My Hoppers are now on S230. Available Joey software is still S278.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

remotetveic said:
Something is telling me that all the systems are now linked together.

Nope. Hoppers still only view each others' recordings.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Yeah if anything my receivers feel a little more responsive than before.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Me guesses they had issues with S229. Still on S222 here with both my Hoppers. Now folks are getting S230. I am dying here to get the new stuff.. I hate the suspense. :)

skyviewmark:

One of my hoppers is downloading *something*. This is an odd time to be downloading, as the check is supposed to be run @ 1:00am local time. It's either S229 or S230. The Joey software in the MBR upgraded before its linked Hopper.

Guess I'll know "soon".

Added on edit:

At least one of my Hoppers is on S230. Didn't check Joey, but I'm assuming S278 as reported earlier.

Time to start an S230 feedback thread.

Last edited: