Hopper S229 / S230 Feedback!

I now have 230 on both Hoppers. One minor problem, Bluetooth speaker won't pair, I see that BT is only for headsets, guess I will return speaker to Wally World, although it does work with my I-pad, but I don't think I would use it for that.
Dan

Dirtydan:

BT on hopper should be for any audio-profiled device including that speaker.

Regards,
Not sure about that, because it says Headset in the menu. My speaker makes a noise when I click source button, but no sound. In hopper menu it shows my speaker, but does not ask for a pin number.
Dan

Edit: Brain fart, I clicked on my device (speaker) in Hopper window, then it asked for pin, it is working now.

Last edited:
Are you on S229? The way to prove that you have bridging enabled is to go to your Hopper and go to Menu->Settings->Network Setup->Broadband

Select the Network Setup dropdown and choose MoCA.

Press the blue button twice and you will see the hidden Bridging button appear on the right hand side.

Select it and you will see an On/Off switch for bridging. If it is Off, select On and then press the Save button and it will configure the network accordingly.

Yes Dudley, I was on S229. Yes, I have proven that I had bridging enabled. You might forget that you and I were in that private forum together. Now, as of this morning, Pandora is working just fine on both of my Joeys. I am now on S230/S278...

Do they still spool out the software over the weekend, or is it a M-F thing? I have 2 OTA adapters sitting here just waiting for my Hoppers to get the new software.

Ordered my tuner Tuesday afternoon and it came today. Now if the newest software would only show up I'd be in business. I've only had my hopper/joeys for about a week so don't know if that puts me at the top or bottom of the spooling. Probably doesn't matter. Interesting that Dish shipped really fast so I'm hoping somehow I got moved up for the download. At least that's what I'd do if I were running things....but that's just me.

One problem. I had installed two WD 2TB EHD's to my primary hopper under S222. After the upgrade, I now get a 787 "This feature must be activated" when trying to access the drives. I've opened a ticket with Customer Support to look into it.

Last night's upgrade to S230 resolved my EHD issues.

======
Oboe Joe
2H2J
Honk!

Do they still spool out the software over the weekend, or is it a M-F thing? I have 2 OTA adapters sitting here just waiting for my Hoppers to get the new software.
it has rolled out over the weekend at least one time that I can remember.

It all depends on how well this first batch of s230 went out and whether they have to fix anything. There's always the possibility they halt s230 and skip to s231 to fix another bug. They did something like that over the summer.

I'm ready for them to turn on all of my bells and whistles I want to play with mine. hurry up dish. I'm like a kid on christmas morning and every morning I wake up disappointed. LOL

One thing I noticed...not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet or this is the BIG secretive thing that Scott wants us to find

On past software I could not see rentals from my other hopper...now when I look at my other hopper or the joeys connected to the opposite hopper i can see all rentals no matter where it was downloaded

Some please tell me how to save my custom Guide list!!! I found that for some reason FOX HD is missing from my "List 1". So I go into the list to add it back in. So I check the channel but when I go to Save there is no way to do it! It used to be under a "Red" menu, but now it is just on the side. But I can for the life of my find out how to actually highlight the Save selection to save the list. I got it to "Select All" once but have no idea. It may be because I have the cursor turned off. Ok, so I turned the cursor on. Now I can see it to select Save. So thats some poor programming then need to make those a button that can have a ring highlighted if you aren't using a cursor. So now I can get it to Save, but now it won't let me add Fox HD to the list it just ignores that I had it selected. Now I am going to try a reboot.

What a pain, I stil couldn't just add Fox HD. I had to "Select All" and Save. And then go in a trim out the stuff I didn't want. Geez.

I noticed a cool feature on 229 today. With the remote in Sat mode pressing the Input button (just below the tv mode button) on the hopper remote toggles back and forth between 2 tuners. No longer have to press red button then select other tuner. Great for flipping back and forth between two football games then being able to rewind.

Some please tell me how to save my custom Guide list!!! I found that for some reason FOX HD is missing from my "List 1". So I go into the list to add it back in. So I check the channel but when I go to Save there is no way to do it! It used to be under a "Red" menu, but now it is just on the side. But I can for the life of my find out how to actually highlight the Save selection to save the list. I got it to "Select All" once but have no idea. It may be because I have the cursor turned off. Ok, so I turned the cursor on. Now I can see it to select Save. So thats some poor programming then need to make those a button that can have a ring highlighted if you aren't using a cursor. So now I can get it to Save, but now it won't let me add Fox HD to the list it just ignores that I had it selected. Now I am going to try a reboot.

What a pain, I stil couldn't just add Fox HD. I had to "Select All" and Save. And then go in a trim out the stuff I didn't want. Geez.

This issue was escalated to the engineering team this morning and they are looking into it.

Character Zero said:

I had that trouble too. Invisible curser kept it from showing where it's location was. I had to cancel out and change the curser to a colored option.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

I noticed a cool feature on 229 today. With the remote in Sat mode pressing the Input button (just below the tv mode button) on the hopper remote toggles back and forth between 2 tuners. No longer have to press red button then select other tuner. Great for flipping back and forth between two football games then being able to rewind.

That's not new. You can also use the swap button (bottom left) for the same functionality. I couldn't function without pause/swap/play/pause/swap....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)