Hopper S229 / S230 Feedback!

I wish i can downgrade the stupid upgrade just stinks!!

Before the upgrade gamefinder was great after the upgrade it a big fat pain. If i stupidly hit the blue key game finer comes up and never goes away..

If I hit the x mark to exit it just re-boots. The only way out is to turn off the receive. Just stupid dish!!!

I bet you're using a Harmony remote, or something like it. To get out of the reboot, simply press Guide and cancel. It goes away. Dish is aware of this issue.

It seems to me that since S230 downloaded, DRA works again for listing the Timers and Recording on the Hopper. DRA hasn't worked with Timers since the Hopper installation.

It's amazing how DISH gets a pass from some of its actions. The digital tuner is sold and marketed for use with the Hopper, not for Hoppers with S/W S229 and above. What about the pre-release testers and the selected beta testers from right here on this forum? Was that a fruitless endeavor? Is the testing methodology flawed because enthusiasts test with "rose colored glasses"? The wait for the OTA dongle should have included the wholesale release of supporting software. The only disclaimers on the limitation of their use are rumors on the Internet. I'm sorry if you feel DISH is justified on relying on the word put out by user's experiences with their products.

It seems DISH has made missteps in the past on releasing items that were not quite ready for stable (let alone top notch) performance. It could be a cycle where they are getting used to the acceptance of these shortfalls, so to the corporation evolves with a sense of acceptability for premature products being released.

DISH has made it known from the start of the Hopper/Joey program that OTA would be a future release. I would bet that almost every person that wants/needs OTA is following this, and is aware of needing the supported software, and that incluse a bunch of folks here. So for these folks crying about having the OTA module, but not the software, oh well. It seems to be the same folks bitching about the H/J anyway. Once again, nobody twisted thier arms to buy into the new system, or now. the OTA module. Those who didn't know, or don't care about OTA for the H/J, would be aware of the OTA option after thier receiver got the update, by the new message that now appears explaining what what was updated. That's when they would probably order it. So, order it and wait for the SW update, Or wait for your SW update, then buy one. Has every SW update for every receiver been released at the same time? No. So why would this one be any different.

What does that mean?

there is a general opinion that the updates were spooling by the receiver number, and, last night's updates didn't follow that because my hoppers R188130 and R188132 didn't get it, there are posts that mentioned R188133 and R188144 were updated last night, including one with the same first 5 numbers as one of mine

I'm guessing that will go away after whatever you deleted as a rental is purged (48 hrs I believe). Since the recycle bin needs a place to restore shows I'm thinking that is why it stays on (at least in my case that was my thinking). Of course if you didn't download any rentals or On Demand then that shoots that theory.

I didn't have any Rentals, the empty folder just showed up after the 230 update and it hasn't gone away.

See everyone is still stuck on this dongle...... We were promised from the beginning bluetooth it was supposed to be there when the hopper came out, they showed it in the original video if my memory serves me right. Now I doubt we will ever get integration although I would love to see that stupid PTAT folder integrated so that we don't keep hitting it by accident.

there is a general opinion that the updates were spooling by the receiver number, and, last night's updates didn't follow that because my hoppers R188130 and R188132 didn't get it, there are posts that mentioned R188133 and R188144 were updated last night, including one with the same first 5 numbers as one of mine

Where are you getting this sw spool info from?

cfunk said:
Finally got my ota up and running but now I lost my network connection to my other hopper that is connected direct to the internet. Is it because I use a diplexer with my antenna and dish receiver?

Yes! Diplexers kill the MoCA signal. No way around it. You'll need to run another line.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

How do I see this log from nightly updates?

there are people reporting their receiver's first 5 or 6 numbers to compare on this topic, also on the topic for the first look of the ota dongle, and on the topic that includes the poll of the software version

Last edited:
en este topico hay personas reportando los primeros 5 o 6 numeros de sus recibidores para comparar, tambien en el topico del first look del dongle y en la encuesta acerca de las versiones de software

Do timers now show up on DOL or DRA? Cna anyone with s229 confirm that you can see and manage your timers from the web or iOS app?
It seems to me that since S230 downloaded, DRA works again for listing the Timers and Recording on the Hopper. DRA hasn't worked with Timers since the Hopper installation.
Yes. This is from my iPad.
Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
I can see SOME of my timers via DOL, DRA and the Dish iPhone app but not all of them. Today with S230 it's 6 out of 12 but that number seems to vary. Sometimes no timers, some times 10 of 12. Refreshing doesn't help. I even created a timer via DOL as some said this fixes the timer reporting but it did not help for me. DOL failed to even show the new timer. DRA and the iPhone app failed to delete it. The Hopper was able to delete it.

So the remote timer interface is still terribly broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)