HOPPER SNAP

I have called Dish multiple times about a SNAP for my mom’s HWS because she can’t get the OTA recordings to play without first doing a reboot but they have always said no. Decided to buy her one for $10 from Dish Depot. Hope it solves her OTA problem or at least speeds up the HWS menus. Her happiness is worth the cost even if others have received them from Dish for free.

I doubt that Dish will ever give them out like Halloween candy. It wouldn’t make financial sense to manufacture and ship to all customers something that most people don’t even know they want. At best if people call to complain about performance, they might offer a SNAP in response. For me, not to have to call again and to make the DVR perform today as well as people are saying, $10 is worth it.

They cost us $5 plus shipping so we won't be giving them out like Halloween candy either. We do provide them for free to new customers who get installed with a single Hopper 1 or a Hopper 2. $10 for anybody else who wants one. :)

Unplugged the HWS and then plugged in the SNAP. I don’t see any indication on the menu screen that it is activated upon restart but it must be doing its thing because the HWS definitely has an improved responsiveness.
Scroll down on the diagnostics page and almost at the bottom it has Hopper Snap Status and Version.

Oh thanks for the replies. Didn’t notice the PAGE Down option on the diagnostic screen.

It says
HopperSnapStatus Ready
HopperSnapVersion 1_1_S153

The HWS is like a professional athlete now instead of a couch potato.

Did notice that almost all of the channel icons are gone. Maybe they will come back after the next guide download.

Any updates on the status of these being available for a two hopper setup? Seems like this topic has gone dormant. Hope its development has not been forgotten.

All I know is that the one snap that I have installed is amazing. Even accessing the external drive and second HWS is amazingly fast.

Waiting patiently for the second - but very happy with the first.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Are they going to send these out to subscribers that do not have Hopper 3's? Or will they only be provided on request? I have a single HWS and would love one, don't want to pay for something they will provide for free unless it is absolutely necessary.

Are they going to send these out to subscribers that do not have Hopper 3's? Or will they only be provided on request? I have a single HWS and would love one, don't want to pay for something they will provide for free unless it is absolutely necessary.

We can definitely review your account to see what options we have available, Olds403. Please feel free to reach out to our Chat team so that they can review your account: Direct Chat --Trisha R.

I have called Dish multiple times about a SNAP for my mom’s HWS because she can’t get the OTA recordings to play without first doing a reboot but they have always said no. Decided to buy her one for $10 from Dish Depot. Hope it solves her OTA problem or at least speeds up the HWS menus. Her happiness is worth the cost even if others have received them from Dish for free.
My heart goes out to you because older people do really depend upon TV to keep then entertained, educated, or otherwise focussing attention on what's on TV rather than whatever problems or illnesses they have in between social outings. It is so hard for them to deal with stupid, simple problems for us to handle, but seem insurmountable to them. Dish needs to understand the most likely pretty large number of seniors who really do count on Dish to provide them with what sometimes is the only thing to keep them from losing it, and going nuts and depressed, and for Dish to adopt an appropriate attitude towards these situations of the elderly.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)