HOPPER SNAP

I bought a Snap on eBay for $15. Wow, was I shocked. I plugged it in and went to the guide. It did not seem much different, but then I rarely use the guide. I then went to the EHD 1 and it usely take up to a minute to populate the movies, but with the Snap, it populated instantly with logo pics and everything. I checked the EHD2 and got the same response. I had to exit and try it several times, to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me. I do use the DVR and EHD a lot, so I am very happy with my Snap. It made a believer out of me.

We can definitely understand not wanting to have a technician to come to your home. We’re not able to make changes or replacement orders through Satellite Guys at this time, but our Chat team will be able to look into seeing if a replacement receiver will help resolve the issue and have one sent. -Jasmine D.

Thanks for your help and response! I'm in the middle of getting my DishNet satellite internet service replaced and will see what can be done when I have a more reliable internet connection to use the chat feature on the official site.

I bought a Snap on eBay for $15. Wow, was I shocked. I plugged it in and went to the guide. It did not seem much different, but then I rarely use the guide. I then went to the EHD 1 and it usely take up to a minute to populate the movies, but with the Snap, it populated instantly with logo pics and everything. I checked the EHD2 and got the same response. I had to exit and try it several times, to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me. I do use the DVR and EHD a lot, so I am very happy with my Snap. It made a believer out of me.
I also purchased a Snap module for one of my HWS. Saw the same as you. Certain things now just pop right away. Now just have to wait for the 2 HWS issue to be resolved or do the upgrade to the H3 - whichever comes first.

Now that the fix is in, can those with Hopper 2000 or HWS get the free SNAP?

Yeah that would be nice. I'm sick and tired of dealing with the slug that is the Hopper 2000. We could deal with it fine when it was on the non-Carbon UI. Once it was "upgraded" it's impossible to use.

I just got off the phone with support, first person I talked to said they would have to schedule an appointment for a technician to come to my home to install the Snap. Advanced support said they would not even do that.

Advanced technical support that I just spoke to on the phone said 1 Snap per household regardless of having two receivers, but they will not send me one anyway, much less two. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.....
So after a 4 month wait for the fix for the 2 receivers, now dish says only one snap per household? What was the point? If they are only going to send out 1 per household, it could have been done months ago.