Hopper With Sling Software Version S328

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm still having trouble transferring OTA recordings to the EHD.

Recorded two satellite programs last night and transferred them to the EHD this morning with no problems.

Recorded two OTA programs last night and they stall and never complete when I try to transfer them to the EHD.

No one else having this problem? I have it on both of my HWSs.

One of my 2 HWS got the update. My optical audio problem seems fixed with my limited testing. I also noticed that the "P" symbol for a protected show is missing similar to the missing "S" symbol. The "P" symbol is missing in the ICON and with multiple shows within the icon , it is missing on each line. My 4 TVs were not on the CEC list.

When using the number 3 button to select the closed caption OFF after pressing the yellow button, the cursor still does not go to the correct place to select OFF.
Still works properly for turning CC on.

I also noticed that the "P" symbol for a protected show is missing similar to the missing "S" symbol. The "P" symbol is missing in the ICON and with multiple shows within the icon , it is missing on each line.

Same problem with the update on the original Hopper, too. Very disappointing! :(

I noticed some small changes. The tiles in the DVR menu look a little different. Can't remember if they always had the number of episodes recorded showing in the corner of the tile but it looks different now.
Yes, the episode number is now missing. This update is definitely a downgrade for me.

I've got a strange problem on one of my HWS's. When I go to the ehd and look at a folder of a show with multiple episodes, the left hand list of the episodes is messed up while the right hand description is correct. For instance, I have over 100 episodes of PBS's Globe Trekker on one of my ehd's. The first 10 or so episodes show Downton Abbey as the name of the episode but the description is correct. Don't know if the problem is due to the number of episodes stored.

When using the number 3 button to select the closed caption OFF after pressing the yellow button, the cursor still does not go to the correct place to select OFF.
Still works properly for turning CC on.
You are correct Yellow 3 does not find off in closed caption. However menu>settings>closed caption does land on off if it was on. So they fixed the normal route but not the quick route.

When tuning to a OTA channel, screen went blank. I just unplugged the OTA Module and plugged it back in and now it works properly. I did it just in time and didn't miss recording F Troop on ME TV. "Where the Heckawie?"

Missing OnDemand titles

Seems that for me, the "newly enhanced on-demand" feature means I no longer have on-demand titles! Whether it's PPV or HBO (to which I subscribe) or any of the numerous other options, nothing is there. Tried from the On Demand menu at the bottom of the tuner screen, and tried from the new option in the program guide...nada.

Didn't the EHD transfer screen on the previous software version show the size of the files? It doesn't show now.

In the recordings list, click on the icon to select Edit and there see the run time and the size in GB. With icon selected, press info to see the episode number. The episode count is on the icon. When listing shows of the same title you see the episode numbers and can sort by them. It would be better if you could sort by First Aired date as well. And it is too bad the recorded date on the Hopper is set some odd date in 2106.

BTW, the 722 works in MB, a factor of 1024 different unless you are a disk drive maker who use a factor of 1000. This will explain why a maker's "1 TB" drive has 931GB because it is 1000*(1000/1024)^3 bytes.

-Ken

Part of the new software. You will notice that HBO, Encore, Starz and Epix also have this feature.

I hope more channels are added this way in the future.

Like this new feature very much. Just wish Showtime Anytime online would be offered to Dish subs or provide a VOD feature like the other services.

One small problem with the new software version.....scheduled recordings now seem to be cutting off the first 5-10 seconds of the show. Not usually critical, but noticeable and annoying, especially when the recording starts with the show itself and not a commercial.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

One small problem with the new software version.....scheduled recordings now seem to be cutting off the first 5-10 seconds of the show. Not usually critical, but noticeable and annoying, especially when the recording starts with the show itself and not a commercial. Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Haven't noticed on mine. Any one channel in particular?

Maybe a particular channel, but not sure yet. It has happened twice to me so far, but I have not watched my programs recorded since the update except for the two times yet. I will keep an eye out for whether it is channel dependent. I have a 2HwS/0J set up, and I have not manually rebooted since the update, so I will do that as well to see if it helps.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

A recording in progress no longer shows up at the top of the recording schedule. ( If there's more than one of them, all but the first one show up.) You can scroll up to see it, but all previous versions showed it as part of the scheduled recordings, not past recordings -- if that was even the thought behind it, which I suspect it isn't because of only the first one not showing if there are multiple.

When tuning to a OTA channel, screen went blank. I just unplugged the OTA Module and plugged it back in and now it works properly. I did it just in time and didn't miss recording F Troop on ME TV. "Where the Heckawie?"

If you have a EHD connected to your Hopper, would you please try transferring your OTA recording of F Troop to the EHD?

Since this update, neither of my two Hoppers have been able to successfully transfer OTA recordings to the EHD.

Thanks,

Bob

Daily Schedule First Timer Issue

I have noticed the last several mornings when I check the Daily Schedule the very first timer that is scheduled to record is not there until I scroll up and then I see it. This is happening on two HWSs. One of the Hoppers the scheduled timer is satellite and the other Hopper is OTA. Sorry if this has already been posted someplace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts