Hopper with Sling Software version S335

I've seen the info come up with the previous show, the info of a whole bunch be the same (wrong) show, the tile be for another show, and lots of other nonsense. For one title (A Christmas Carol) with 3 versions they get a common tile. If you say No Folders then Hopper is more likely to show all the tiles.

Sure would like to be able to edit the titles to differentiate them, to correct a few titles started too early so title if from the show before, and rename shows recorded by time instead of name.

Then again if I corrected the title, I would probably lose the tile for it.
-Ken

I just opened my rentals, watched 20 minutes of an event then opened the my recordings folder and hit info on a bunch of my shows and the info all matches the event. I'm guessing I'm doing something different than you guys since you are all seeing bad info. Maybe someone could break down the steps to reproduce this Barney style for me.

It happened to me when I did a search for something. It displayed a bunch of shows that matched what I searched for. When I started hitting INFO on each of them the first one was correct but all others after that kept displaying the info for the first one. I told it to record one of them and it set the timer for the first one. I tested it again last night and all was normal so this seems to be a random glitch.

I just opened my rentals, watched 20 minutes of an event then opened the my recordings folder and hit info on a bunch of my shows and the info all matches the event. I'm guessing I'm doing something different than you guys since you are all seeing bad info. Maybe someone could break down the steps to reproduce this Barney style for me.

What I noticed is at times when you press info again to exit,it'll give you information on one of the listed programs at the "you might also like", located at the bottom of the info screen. Keep pressing and it'll continue to give more information on the next one and so on. Only if you move the cursor before pressing info again to exit. That's not major for me but overall this update is just buggy. Really don't like when pressing guide or menu,sometimes there's a delay for the picture to show up in the small screen and you'll still see some of full picture around the outside border before the display is completely covered by the guide or menu screens.

If no one understands what I'm talking about I'll try to get some video of it. I do love the new info screen and there's plenty of real estate there to add more details on whatever you're watching.

The screwed up icons for shows on my EHDs is really getting annoying. For example, I have shows from BTN with BBC America icons, CNBC shows with Showtime icons, bunches of shows with 60 Minutes icons, and about 2/3 of my shows with no icons.

It seems like they had made progress with this until they rolled out the update that switched to the new smaller icons. Now it's worse than ever!

Dish, PLEASE concentrate your efforts on fixing your bugs before adding any more new features!!

Instead of pressing Info again to remove the screen, press Cancel. Dish can be excused for advancing the cursor along the list.

It is a mess on the icons/tiles. I get Masterpiece Mystery for many TCM shows. I finally am getting for MM's Sherlock shows.
But that is internally, most of the problem was/is with the EHD, which often does not get tiles. These shows are seldom on so no updates.
-Ken

Anyone seeing the "time left" not apeering when you hit select. If you hit select the title, station, logo, date and current time show up quickly but the time left kinda drags. Don't recall the lag before.

Anyone seeing the "time left" not apeering when you hit select. If you hit select the title, station, logo, date and current time show up quickly but the time left kinda drags. Don't recall the lag before.

That has happened for me, off and on.

They still haven't fixed the OTA yet still have the black screen on the local channels I have the 335 S now I was hoping it was at least this problem but not yet!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm seeing the same problem again. Dongle is inserted properly.

Have to reset Hopper to restore OTA channels.

Well, I just upgraded from two of the original hoppers to the HWS boxes. At the same time, I bought a new 2TB hard drive so I could retire the 1TB hard drive I had been using to other duties. It was a PITA to transfer my recordings from the old hoppers to my EHD because I had to do it in small groups so that it wouldn't time out, error out, or whatever was happening.

I read here about the new software release that was supposed to fix this error, so I waited for the new HWS boxes to get updated before attempting to transfer from the EHD to the hoppers. Since I had to get the recordings off the old 1TB EHD to the new 2TB EHD, I also had the extra step of transferring all the recordings from it to the HWS before I could get the recordings to the 2TB EHD.

After getting the new S335 software update. I was able to successfully make a mass transfer of recordings to the new hopper, but as mentioned above, many of the thumbnails are wrong. I must have 50 recordings that have the thumbnail for Swordfish! There are many others that are also wrong. Does anyone know if the thumbnails will ever automatically correct? For now, I'm only archiving recordings to the 2TB EHD that have the correct thumbnails.

As far as other features the update brought, I really do like the way the skip forward and back buttons now operate. I also like the new info screen. Other than that, I haven't really had time to see what else is new. (or newly broken!)

There was no need to transfer the recordings. Using a powered usb hub, you can connect and use 2 ehd's to a HWS. If you have the ota dongle, you can also attach that to the hub.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who notices little things like that! ;) Yes I noticed it. For me when I am watching regular TV it seems to work fine. Maybe a split second lag but not a big deal.

It really is noticeable when I am watching a recording. Then it can lag 2-4 seconds. What I noticed is that if I see the lag then go back to the info screen it (mostly) comes up pretty quickly. If I let some time pass before going to the banner info again then I normally see the longer lag. Almost like a buffering issue. Nothing consistent though, always varying time delays.

IMO, this would be a much lower priority to fix compared to the other issues. I hope Dish engineering feels the same way!

Attachments

• Missing.jpg
    Missing.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 131
A program I record daily now has "resume" selected consistently on first playback. May be connected but a % watched figure (80%?) is randomly appearing on just recorded programs also. Both anomalies seem to correlate loosely to programs being viewed in PiP buffers.

I had never noticed the Select giving u the top banner with time left. I had always hit pause to see the time left. I just learned something.
My HWS with 335 shows the time left when I hit Select.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)