Hopper with Sling Software version S335

Has anyone noticed that the subtitles stay on the screen forever, or until there is a new subtitle to display?

In a movie, someone says something, the subtitle stays on the screen for 6 minutes or more until the next dialog is displayed. It should time out after 15 seconds at most.

Has anyone noticed that the subtitles stay on the screen forever, or until there is a new subtitle to display?

In a movie, someone says something, the subtitle stays on the screen for 6 minutes or more until the next dialog is displayed. It should time out after 15 seconds at most.
I watch a lot of movies with sub titles and that has not happened on mine. I do wish there was something in the description of rented movies that says if it's subtitled or not (if there is I haven't seen it). There are some I would not have downloaded if I knew they were subtitled.
As far as the icons being wrong on EHD recordings...I was having that problem with 330.

I assume you mean Closed Captions, but yes I've noticed it as well. It does get a bit annoying.

Dan

Audio

Anyone else losing audio when switching between 2 HWS? Every time I delete a watched recording from the BR hopper while watching on the LR hopper the audio disappears, just like it used to in a previous "update".
Also the lists of recordings don't refresh correctly, says wrong hopper name for list shown when deleting between hoppers, bug has been there for quite awhile, happens on both HWS.
I was also able to set up/edit PTAT on my BR HWS during primetime, something I could never do before, always got message. Don't know if that's a bug or a feature!

Wow, I thought I was the only one who notices little things like that! ;) Yes I noticed it. For me when I am watching regular TV it seems to work fine. Maybe a split second lag but not a big deal. It really is noticeable when I am watching a recording. Then it can lag 2-4 seconds. What I noticed is that if I see the lag then go back to the info screen it (mostly) comes up pretty quickly. If I let some time pass before going to the banner info again then I normally see the longer lag. Almost like a buffering issue. Nothing consistent though, always varying time delays. IMO, this would be a much lower priority to fix compared to the other issues. I hope Dish engineering feels the same way!
yes, it's a low priority for me too but it is something for Dish to look into that they hadn't seen. It does seem to be worse on a recording than live tv.

Also my locals are taking longer to come in like a previous poster said. Sometimes a couple of seconds other times longer.

Had my EHD disappear for the first time on saturday night. I was too lazy to get up and reset HWS, and I was just perusing the dvr menu for something to watch. Went to bed instead, and by the time I got home from work Sunday it showed up again. Guessing the nightly d/l fixed it.

Yes, and I find it a bit annoying. Must have been a result of the fix to make CC work again.

However, last night I had two or three instances of the subtitles not starting and had to do the pause-unpause to get it going. That bug is back it seems........dang-it!

Had my EHD disappear for the first time on saturday night. I was too lazy to get up and reset HWS, and I was just perusing the dvr menu for something to watch. Went to bed instead, and by the time I got home from work Sunday it showed up again. Guessing the nightly d/l fixed it.

My EHD2 has been disappearing after? the nightly reset. But a red button reset brings it back. More fun... Wondering what's next to not work right?

Not a problem, but I noticed what I believe is a change to the PIP. When I turn on PIP usually when I am swapping between 2 programs, the next time I hit PIP it comes on the "Close PIP" BUTTON. I really like this change. Before you would have to hit PIP and arrow over to close when you were done.

Found new problem (for me). When attempting to transfer to EHD, less than two thirds of my recordings on the HWS (arranged by air date) are showing. The older recordings don't show at all, though the scroll bar on the right shows room to go down more.

I noticed this also on both HWSs. Yesterday the cc was garbled on a CW show. I tried changing the provider without success. Other shows were fine.

Found new problem (for me). When attempting to transfer to EHD, less than two thirds of my recordings on the HWS (arranged by air date) are showing. The older recordings don't show at all, though the scroll bar on the right shows room to go down more.
I find I can get to most shows by changing sort type (date vs. A-Z) or folders or not. Yes, with the large number of tiles for no folders, it may display many more. Also "time of day" changes the number displayed so try again later, as little as 10 minutes.
-Ken

A program I record daily now has "resume" selected consistently on first playback. May be connected but a % watched figure (80%?) is randomly appearing on just recorded programs also. Both anomalies seem to correlate loosely to programs being viewed in PiP buffers.

I have this issue as well. Programs that I know I haven't watched show as watched already?!? I thought I was losing my mind at first:p

I think you're correct in that it is only those that would have been recorded during the viewing of another program, so your though of them being in the PiP buffer would make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts