House

With Linda Edelstein leaving the show, I am probably done with House and won't bother with Season 8. I feel it jumped the shark 3 seasons ago with the death of Amber. At htat point it stopped being about House being a doctor and started being about House the addict. Not nearly as good.

Without Cuddy, I see a bunch of confrontation storylines ending with a total destruction of all the characters. I've already sat through Hamlet and Lear. Pass.

OK, for someone who just started watching House this past season...Who and the heck is Amber? Also, I agree with you about Cuddy - if she goes, the show is soon to follow. My wife enjoyed watching this past season because of House's addition along with his 101 personality disorders. Me...not so much! I just want him to stick to the plot of being a good doctor trying to diagnose difficult patient issues. The psycho-babble can be moved to the ABC soap lineup, and the Dancing Hamlets can be incorporated into Dancing with the Stars.

You should pick up the first couple of seasons on Netflix or disc. Much better and about the patients.

Amber was another one of the umpteen doctors that House had hanging around competing for a slot on his team in season 4(5??). She was ruthless and ambitious, but ultimately lost out to Taub and Thirteen. They then kept her on contract as Wilson's girlfriend until she was killed during the cliffhanger end to the season.

I haven't seen much of this years episodes, kinda lost track early on this year.
If Cuddy is leaving, I will not make much effort to get back into it ...
Why is she leaving ?

Yeah, why is Cuddy leaving the show? I performed a perfunctory Google Search and found nothing earlier today.

Never mind, here it is: Lisa Edelstein Leaves 'House': Dr. Cuddy Exits Fox Show

Also leaving the show are co-stars Robert Sean Leonard (Dr. James Wilson) and Omar Epps (Dr. Eric Foreman). Leonard has appeared in all 154-episodes (equaling Laurie) and Wilson has appeared in 153 episodes (equaling Edelstein). Yikes! Just my luck...this is going to be the 8th and final season of House.

I haven't read why she decided not to renew her contract but did read that the writers didn't know soon enough to resolve the relationship w/House. It was an awkward ending as it was because of that.

The exit of the Cuddy character doesn't matter to me as I feel she's never been a strong hospital administrator for him, and I'm interested in who they'll bring in to replace her. It's worth it to me to watch for a while longer.

I haven't read why she decided not to renew her contract but did read that the writers didn't know soon enough to resolve the relationship w/House. It was an awkward ending as it was because of that.

That explains the ending....which left me scratching my head in bewilderment. Heck, it would have been much better if House had pancaked her when he drove his car into her living room. Regardless, I'll check it out when it returns in the fall...but there is not doubt this is the final season. Does anyone know how many episodes Fox ordered for 2011-2012?

Actually, in some of the articles I have read, it was all about the money. Fox tried to force a pay cut and she said "no".

As for Epps, and Leonard, I have read in several places that they have signed.
Lisa Edelstein Leaving 'House' | Parade.com
Parade Magazine said:
It's not all bad news, though: Edelstein's co-stars Robert Sean Leonard and Omar Epps, who play Dr. Wilson and Dr. Foreman, respectively, have renewed their contracts to return for the show's eighth season.

Leonard was making comments a month ago about leaving, but they were kind of wishy-washy. I believe he was negotiating his final year contract.

That explains the ending....which left me scratching my head in bewilderment. Heck, it would have been much better if House had pancaked her when he drove his car into her living room. Regardless, I'll check it out when it returns in the fall...but there is not doubt this is the final season. Does anyone know how many episodes Fox ordered for 2011-2012?

The interesting part is that the writers had that ending planned with the expectation that she was coming back. They said they would have given her a better ending to her story if they knew it was the last time she would be on.

That said I hated the ending of last season... I didn't mind the death of Amber or the other season finales but this one ranked up there with the death of Kutner for me in that it was unnecessary and uncharacteristic of the people involved.

...this one ranked up there with the death of Kutner for me in that it was unnecessary and uncharacteristic of the people involved.

And to help riffjim catch up, the Kutner character was played by Cal Penn (of Harold and Kumar fame). He left the show to accept a position in the Obama administration. The producers gave him a very abrupt and rude sendoff. He was central in an episode and then they opened the next episode wondering why he didn't show up for work. The crew found him dead of suicide in his apartment.

I have a feeling that what happened in the season finally was not an event of reality. I would be willing to bet that they make it some sort of hallucination or dream

And to help riffjim catch up, the Kutner character was played by Cal Penn (of Harold and Kumar fame). He left the show to accept a position in the Obama administration. The producers gave him a very abrupt and rude sendoff. He was central in an episode and then they opened the next episode wondering why he didn't show up for work. The crew found him dead of suicide in his apartment.

Thanks! Although I didn't know the character, I actually like how he departed the show...slams closed the door to ever returning.

After thinking about it for a minute...I'm actually excited about the upcoming departures: Cuddy was basically a non-factor the last 8 episodes plus, other than my wife's interest in House's many personality disorders, I didn't find their interactions particular interesting; I enjoyed Wilson, but his trying to have a positive influence on House got stale and I wouldn't mind seeing his replacement (and Cuddy's too) be much more confrontational; I never developed an attachment to Foreman his replacement (if if he returns) will not detract from my like or dislike of the show.

Ya know, thats the majority of the people on the show that have mentioned leaving, I can easily see this show not coming back, as much as I liked the show and watched it weekly, till this year, if all those do leave, that leaves NOT MUCH to carry on.

riffjim4069 said:
Without a doubt it's the final year...just wondering if Fox is order a full year's worth of episodes of it will be a mid-season replacement?

It's a full season, it'll be a 9 in the fall and 8 in the spring but will stay on Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)