Houston Astros in HD on Dish Network booted by Texas Rangers

astrosfan85

Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Houston
So I know there has to be some other Dish Network customers out there in the Houston market that are Astros fans and don't get the HD feed. I've been researching and can't seem to get an answer other than Dish Networks customer support thats its a bandwith issue.

We all have seen that the Astros seem to get shafted on HD broadcast and we all know the reason is the bandwith, but the question I have, why is it the Texas Rangers are the primary broadcast on Fox Sports Southwest and it seems they are ALWAYS in HD. But the Astros, get booted to the Alternate Fox Sports feed and very frequently don't get broadcast in the HD feed, even though the broadcast is in HD.

Why can't Dish Network make the Astros the primary feed in the Houston market and boot the Texas Rangers!!!! Dallas customers would be just as pissed off if all they saw were Astros games and their team was given the boot.

If you've only got one spot left for an HD feed then give it to the team in their home market.

Any ideas or has anyone been given an answer that at least makes sense????

Go 'Stros

good or bad is not the question. every customer of Dish deserves to see all rsn games in HD. this is 2011 and HD is the excepted standard for tv broadcast. surely Dish can do what the other providers can do. at least they should tell us why not. and please don't tell us if we want sports to go to DIRECT TV. we have invested years of support to Dish hoping someday they would be a full service provider. maybe they are just a second rate provider after all. why shouldn't our bussiness buy the best programing AVAILABLE?

astrosfan85 said:
So I know there has to be some other Dish Network customers out there in the Houston market that are Astros fans and don't get the HD feed. I've been researching and can't seem to get an answer other than Dish Networks customer support thats its a bandwith issue.

We all have seen that the Astros seem to get shafted on HD broadcast and we all know the reason is the bandwith, but the question I have, why is it the Texas Rangers are the primary broadcast on Fox Sports Southwest and it seems they are ALWAYS in HD. But the Astros, get booted to the Alternate Fox Sports feed and very frequently don't get broadcast in the HD feed, even though the broadcast is in HD.

Why can't Dish Network make the Astros the primary feed in the Houston market and boot the Texas Rangers!!!! Dallas customers would be just as pissed off if all they saw were Astros games and their team was given the boot.

If you've only got one spot left for an HD feed then give it to the team in their home market.

Any ideas or has anyone been given an answer that at least makes sense????

Go 'Stros

Dish isn't deciding which game to air Internet primary channel and which to air on the alternate channel, it is the RSN itself that decides the programming. Is the Alt channel among the list if Dish's part time HD RSNs? If it's not, then you should never expect anything on the alternate channel to be in HD. (Unless you could convince Dish to add the alternate to their game only part time HD lineup, then you'd be playing HD roulette an have a chance of HD games on that channel.)

That being the case you would be best served complaining to the RSN because they are picking which games to carry on the primary channel and which to send to the alternate channel. If the primary is your only chance at HD, you need to convince the RSN to show the Astros on that primary channel.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

In Houston, does cable get the Rangers on the primary feed? The reason I ask (and might not be the exact same situation) here when the Red Sox begin play and the Bruins are in the playoffs, our RSN sometimes doesn't offer one in HD. A few years ago, a Bruins playoff game was bumped from HD for a regular season Red Sox vs Yankees game. That was a slap in the face to Hockey fans.

Again, it might not be the same situation. If you would get the HD signal on cable or DirecTV, I would be angry too not getting it on Dish.

In Houston, does cable get the Rangers on the primary feed?
no. They have their own feed now. They use to get FSN SW but FSN broke Houston off to its own 24/7 feed

Directv has them all in HD both Astros and Rangers......and the Spurs/Mavs/Stars/Thunder/Rockets whoever is playing that night will also be in HD

Why people who like HD sports other than the NFL have Dish is beyond me ;)

tomorrow's schedule for FSN SW, SW+, Houston, Oklahoma and a RSN Alt (for the Stars game) on Directv

All games in HD....no "maybe", no "JIP"...theyre in HD

Attachments

• PICT0097.JPG
    PICT0097.JPG
    848.1 KB · Views: 284
For me, I can put up with some "minor" inconveniences cause they are by far the cheapest (no pun intended) carrier anywhere. Directv may be the notch above but they are getting pricey, Comcrap here, oh I mean Xfinity is a joke and UVerse is no longer the great value it once was.

kikenovic said:
Dude, be happy you're not blacked out.

Blackouts are dictated by MLB, not Dish so even bringing that up is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Windstream VS. dish network dish america

HD Locals Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)