Houston Tracker 5, no remote how do I

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pmb1010

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 10, 2003
Houston Tracker 5 (actually, its a clone - "Legend" C & Ku band receiver).

It's stuck in Ku band. There are only 2 satellites programmed into it that I can find from front buttons, they are both Ku band. If I try to move left or right, I get "no more sats east" and "no more sats west".
This unit is slaved off the IF out from my Ultra receiver.
Ku works.
But, I want to see if C band will work (actually it DOES work, I'm getting torn up picture on the Ku band input port but the sync is all messed up due to differences between Ku and C band signal handling....)

How (without UHF remote) can I get this thing to move to C band input???

I checked Skyvision who sells remotes and they are currently out of HTS remotes. They have an Echostar, but I don't know if it will work. I think Echostar made the HTS receivers, not sure though?
http://skyvision.com/store/remotes.html
You don't seem to be looking for a remote, but it may be your only option. Maybe you can find a remote somewhere else?

Al

yeah, I was only hoping to grasp at anything, if anyone had any idea.
Even took the cover off the receiver to see if there was anything obvious.
Whats my luck for the thing to jam up in Ku band mode, where there's what - 1 or 2 misc feeds a day?

I had a possible remote coming from a guy, but it fell out of the envelope on the way here in the mail, and got lost. Go figure...

It's a borrowed receiver. The guy I got it from can't find his remote, either.

I'll simply return it at this point.

can't remember if the HST / houston tracker 5 / legend had anything on the front panel or if it had a drop down cover to revel buttons
my old GI 2400 had buttons to control it even without a remote
just had to know what to push when.
the GI 2400 buttons are visable but the hst buttons
might not be visable.

it (the 2400) had a lock button and a c/ku button and the c/ku button wouldn't change until you depressed the lock button a few seconds and the light went off and then you could switch between c/ku. look and see if your faceplate has a access panel and
we can probably go from there.

well its just a thought.

Been pushing front buttons with no results, all combinations (hold this down, press that, power on holding this or that, etc)

There is no front pull down panel, nor hidden buttons.

Out of any luck I suppose...

well the hunt for a remote continues
and the replacement might cost as much as getting a used
IRD off ebay , just have to look and make sure what you
find is a dish mover. the 2400 isn't but has a sidecart (ps2000) thats
equally as heavy to move the dish so you can probably get a good deal on one but the shipping would be twice. seen several GI 650's go for a good price.
thats GI's top line before going to 4dtv i think.

you could also place an ad in the local shopper , i bet someone locally has something and it out in the storage shed forgotten.

good luck

HTS remote is like the one for the HTS 70. My 70 remote broke in 1996 and I got a replacement last year from Ebay. I didn't use the receiver that much in that time span. They are expensive in places (over $100), but some people sell them for cheaper than that. Just type in HTS remote in Ebay. Sometimes they are quite popular and sometimes they are not. I got mine for $25 last year.

I believe I have a Houston Tracker 5 remote control that I could sell you. Please PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Within the next few months I will be starting a new company called "Blue Sheet Satellite" where I will be selling new and used satellite equipment including lots of harder to find C band analog receivers, remote controls, etc. I currently have over 100 used receivers in stock. All products will be fully tested, cleaned and will be guaranteed to work on arrival.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)