How about them Cowboys

Romo won't be respected until he gets over the playoff hump like Peyton Manning did all those years ago. Given his body of work, he really doesn't deserve the "life" and fame that he has. He's a good looking guy dating a famous model/singer and is seen as a celebrity as much as he is an athlete, yet he's a QB who has never won a playoff game and is 5-8 in December.

Romo is basically Peyton prior to his first playoff win.

NO i don't think so. he isn't even close to peyton prior to his 1st playoff win nor will he ever be as good as Peyton. Like I said I don't place the blame entirely on Romo but with that said Romo will never be a great QB. He's a creation of the media as this "great QB" but it's all hot air at the end. Alot of smoke and mirrors.Pure hype.

I wouldn't say that. I think Peyton's college success and family name put a bit more pressure on his shoulders early on in his career. Romo was an undrafted player who happened to be there when Drew Bledsoe was injured, so no one really expected much from him. He just happened to surprise everyone since he played quite well and the team hadn't had a good consistent QB since Troy retired.
It's a bit more dissapointing for a Heisman runner up and first round draft pick to not win a playoff game than it is for an undrafted Div I-AA player.

So while I would say he does fall into the Peyton pool of "Win a playoff game then we'll respect you," I think Peyton's struggle and letdown until that first win was greater than what Romo is going through now.

Romo record in december is awful....Not in the elite class of QB's

What are you talking about Romo is Perfect in December.

Romo's triumphs in December; 1) Botched Hold for Kicker resulting in a HUGH LOSS and early Tee Times for the whole team 2) Next Season "A perfect throw to a defender in the End Zone" resulting in another Hugh Loss and again early tee times 3) Yesterday, in what was essentially a playoff game, an interception at the defenders 5 Yardline for a 96 yard TD return, add a couple of Fumbles and you have the consummate Pro Bowl Game for ROMO.

The Cowboys game yesterday was a huge late Christmas gift for me and the rest of the Cowboy haters. Jerry Jones is an arrogant jerk and this huge tank job by his team along with TO, Pacman, Tank Johnson along with the rest of the Cowboys' "Standup guys". The clueless look on Wade Phillips face was EPIC and just another PERFECT ending to their season, all or which they so richly deserve. Hey Jerry, here's a thought FIRE YOURSELF. To many Players on your squad flat out Quit time and time again this season. What do losers do when the going gets tough, QUIT! What do whiners do when the going gets tough, QUIT! What do players do that have no heart when the going gets tough, QUIT. What did the Cowboys do yesterday, QUIT. Jerry time to take the hint, QUIT.

The icing on the cake was Detroit finishing up their "Perfect Season", along with Bellijerk and his squad's elimination from the post season.

John

Last edited:
What are you talking about Romo is Perfect in December.

Romo's triumphs in December; 1) Botched Hold for Kicker resulting in a HUGH LOSS and early Tee Times for the whole team 2) Next Season "A perfect throw to a defender in the End Zone" resulting in another Hugh Loss and again early tee times 3) Yesterday, in what was essentially a playoff game, an interception at the defenders 5 Yardline for a 96 yard TD return, add a couple of Fumbles and you have the consummate Pro Bowl Game for ROMO.

The Cowboys game yesterday was a huge late Christmas gift for me and the rest of the Cowboy haters. Jerry Jones is an arrogant jerk and this huge tank job by his team along with TO, Pacman, and Wade Phillips is just PERFECT. The icing on the cake was Detroit finishing up their "Perfect Season", along with Bellijerk and his squad's elimination from the post season.

John

Well even though the lions will screw it up, our icing on the cake was getting better draft picks from the Cowboys on the Roy Williams trade since they did not make the playoffs!

Look, I understand about how great the Mannings are but Peyton Manning is great, no doubt about it but let's face it, he had chances in the playoffs and he was bad. Even if he was good, he didn't win.

1) Colts at Jets- I think they got beat 41-0
2) Colts at Pats-Divisional Playoff, gets beat 14-3, looked awful
3) Colts at Pats- AFC Championship, Pats win, Colts do not
4) Steelers at Colts- Colts start out 13-0, home game, I think they would've crushed Denver in the AFC Title game. They lose, even though the Steelers won the Super Bowl.
5) Chargers at. Colts- Peyton should've beaten up the Chargers and played the Pats which would've been a great AFC Championship.

Look, like I said, Peyton Manning is a great qb, but people treat him like he's god. For all the people who knock Brady, he's got 3 rings and Peyton has only 1. I just showed you that Manning had 5 chances in the playoffs and came away with nothing. I just think sometimes he gets a pass.

As far as Romo, he's choked the past couple of yrs. no doubt but that whole team are tough to root for. The Cowboys should've been in the playoffs, period.

As far as Romo, he's choked the past couple of yrs. no doubt but that whole team are tough to root for. The Cowboys should've been in the playoffs, period.
Really... what about their record or their attitude makes you say that? And don't throw in the "Well if the Cardinals got in the Cowboys should get in" excuse. That's the way the rules are set up. And besides, they're going to get crucified by the red hot Falcons under the hot Arizona sun.

We will see Hemi, we will see . . . I tell you this . . . Andy Reid looking like a genius benching Donovan . . . made him wake up, forced him to take control of the team, etc. . . . if they, I don't even want to say it, but if they get through it is all because of Andy Reid!

We will see Hemi, we will see . . . I tell you this . . . Andy Reid looking like a genius benching Donovan . . . made him wake up, forced him to take control of the team, etc. . . . if they, I don't even want to say it, but if they get through it is all because of Andy Reid!
You don't think Westbrook getting healthier may have had something to do with it too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)