How come some channels show

fastfed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
black lines on the side??

And even on my normal TV it shows black lines on the sides??

I understand on my 16x9 tv by why on my 4x3 tv??

ANDDDDD.... Some channels also show black lines on the top and bottom. Is this normal?

One last thing :) How do I program the voom remote to work with my sharp bedroom TV?? I have the harmony remote for my main tv ( which btw is awesome )

Thanks

The SD channels show black lines on the sides unless you stretch them under the system settings. You will get black sidebars on some premium HD channels when they are not showing HD and on a lot of OTA channels when they are not showing HD.

On your 4:3 TV, set the srb to Native mode. If it's a sd sat channel, it will fill the screen. The OTA's will be framed all around though. HD channels will be widescreen.

That local OTA framing is usually black bars that are broadcast by your affiliate. I dont know of a way to get rid of them with V* or d*. You will just have to try not to watch too much of them without watching some full screen in between. You dont want screen burn in depending on what kind of TV you have. Luckily most of the Prime time programs are going 16:9 HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)