How common are BUD's in your area?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Around here in Ct i haven't seen any BUD's in residential areas except a very few in the business districts.When searching local craigslist!non are to be found!only Small pizza dishes.Maybe its because cable and dish net and others all so available here in populated Ct.How about your area!Do you see many?

lots of them

I live in the metro detroit area and there are still many dishes to be found, there are at least ten that I know of within a mile radius. You will find them in older neighborhoods that dont have homeowners associations. So many are not used and the people just dont know how to get rid of them.

BUD's near the house? none except for mine :)
BUD's near the cabin? lots...a fair amount are still in use :) (very rural area)

I know of a few in my area. There's one across the road----1/2 mile, that's not being used. Another is on top of the bowling alley about 3 miles from me....doubt it's being used. I see very few FTA Ku dishes around me at all. I'm the only one around me with a working system....Blind

Around my area i see about 9 new 10 footers up on Latino bars and restaurants .

I live in rural lower SC and still see them everywhere -- especially on property which has been abandoned. But most are fiberglass.

Most of the dishes in nicer kept yards were removed years ago. I still like to keep my eyes open when I'm driving around.

I don't see too many except in my own backyard. :)

A few days ago I was worried that my new 8' dish that is assembled laying on our back deck and waiting to be installed this weekend could possibly be damaged or stolen. My wife actually said to me... "I know you might not realize this, but most people wouldn't even know what it was and if they did they wouldn't want it". I was actually offended by her comment.

A few days ago I was worried that my new 8' dish that is assembled laying on our back deck and waiting to be installed this weekend could possibly be damaged or stolen. My wife actually said to me... "I know you might not realize this said:
This is funny,I think we all share your pain

For real? Why is that, I mean that's great news.

ok I was wrong. I can think of 2 on top of bars still...but they're either damaged or pointing the wrong way :)

Living in town not many people had them. I know about 15 years ago down the road from my mom's the guy had a 8 footer...but thats long gone

Slowly disappearing. I live in town (pop. 1000). I have an eight and half with 2 Dish. Cable and Dish/DirectTV have been making in roads

Before I got the two spun aluminum dishes I now own (an unknown 8 footer and a Birdview 8.5), I stopped at a few houses in my general area. The dishes at those houses were not in use. Mostly the non-use was due to difficulty of operation as compared to the point and click of pizza dish.

Even though my area is sort of in between city and rural, I would say that the big dish appears on 1 out of maybe 200 houses. Only a very small percentage of those are actually functioning. I am thinking that mabe one eighth of one percent of the total viewing population is working an actual, operating c-band system. These kinds of statistics have me hoping that one day soon the providers will give up on C-band encryption, given its tiny actual population.

Around here in Ct i haven't seen any BUD's in residential areas except a very few in the business districts.When searching local craigslist!non are to be found!only Small pizza dishes.Maybe its because cable and dish net and others all so available here in populated Ct.How about your area!Do you see many?

You haven't driven by my house in Newington then... :)

Infact within 4 blocks of my house there are quite a few FTA dishes and 3 dishes that are 6 foot or larger. :)

My neighbor works at ESPN and he says when he comes home from work and sees my house he thinks he is back at work again. :D

You haven't driven by my house in Newington then... :)

Infact within 4 blocks of my house there are quite a few FTA dishes and 3 dishes that are 6 foot or larger. :)

My neighbor works at ESPN and he says when he comes home from work and sees my house he thinks he is back at work again. :D

hmm! nope!! next time i visit my parents in newinton ill keep a look out :) i go up the berlin trpk thru john downy drive to my parents on the sw side of newington with no site of buds.

There must be AT LEAST 15 or 20 unused BUD's in the county I live in alone! :eek: Mostly mesh but some solids too. All sizes from 7.5 up to 12ft.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)