How desperate is the government for Barry Bonds??!!

I mentioned not being in great shape and being able to hit well.

Here's a true story:

Before a game, I went to Hardee's and had a BIG meal- double burger, fries, shake- that can usually give one a stomachache and cause you to miss an at-bat or two.

Hit three homers that game.

You could say I'd be the prototypical designated hitter- can't catch can't field, but I am capable of hitting a ton.

Salsa- if you're still playing baseball, why not give me a tryout? If I hit with you in your batting order, we'd be the greatest baseball duo since Ruth and Gehrig!

...or, Salsa can teach you how to dance. Sorry, couldn't resist!

Sandra

One more time for the slow.......

I know damn well steroids alone don't create a better ball player. Certain skill sets (hand/eye coordination, bat speed, etc are required to make it to the Bigs in the first place). I've said this a million times!

However, introduce 'Roids to an existing power hitter who was previously a "warning track hitter" and they are now a "home run hitter". Bigger muscles created by these performance enhancers are attributed to the spike in home runs. Bigger muscles allow them to hit more home runs. How else do you explain the spike in numbers during this era by power hitters?

Salsa, you tend to be dancing around the word "better". How you define it personally is up to you.

BTW, this whole argument started because of this very first statement by you claiming that Roids do nothing to enhance performance. By saying this, you're saying that 'Roids did not enhance a players ability to hit home runs!

For the last time.....it does NOT enhance performance because when it comes to baseball players...the player would also throw harder, slide better hit for a higher average and improve his on base percentage. IT ONLY MAKES HIM STRONGER....that's it...period. You do NOT need to be muscular to be successful as a player OR a hitter in baseball....Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, PRE steroids Barry Bonds and a host of others PROVE THAT time and time again. THAT has been my argument all along. You seem to equate this steroid situation with football when it is ALOT more about strength than in baseball. And this thing about the massive assult on home run records was about a hand full of guys, it was not the ENTIRE LEAGUE. So IF it DID enhance it THAT much, then MORE players would have break LEAGUE records in bunches....not just 'personal highs' established by players.

My argument has not changed.....:rolleyes:

You're not really pulling out the credibility card are you?

So your an ex-athlete and Salsa used to be in the media. You guys must know everything there is to know about sports right? All of the rest of us are clueless right? Please.

BTW, you have no idea of my background.

No....I do not claim that I do and never have. But I do claim to have ALOT more insight than others because they have not been around professional athletes as much as I have or Hitachi has....I give info that I know from previous experience. IF you were around professional golfers ALOT for 7 or 8 years.....I sure as sh*t would give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to them because YOU have MORE of the inside dope than anyone else has....as opposed to the average "I get my sports news from ESPN" person. IF it has come off as arrogant, sorry...those not the intentions...but it seems to bother a distinct few more than most.

As far as your background....state it. I mean you might have some inside knowledge that no one else has and I am sure would come in helpful and very easily accepted as being someone in the know. No one is holding you back. ;)

Unless you played major league baseball and took steroids, you know nothing more than every other poster about major leaguers taking steroids. Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true. It just makes you sound pompous.

Sandra

Not true because I PERSONALLY know Rafael Palmiero, I PERSONALLY know Sammy Sosa....and quite a few that more than likely have taken steroids that have not been mentioned. So, THAT statement of yours is nothing but an assumption on your end....maybe you should take some of your OWN advise:

"Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true. It just makes you sound pompous"

No....I do not claim that I do and never have. But I do claim to have ALOT more insight than others because they have not been around professional athletes as much as I have or Hitachi has....I give info that I know from previous experience. IF you were around professional golfers ALOT for 7 or 8 years.....I sure as sh*t would give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to them because YOU have MORE of the inside dope than anyone else has....as opposed to the average "I get my sports news from ESPN" person. IF it has come off as arrogant, sorry...those not the intentions...but it seems to bother a distinct few more than most.

As far as your background....state it. I mean you might have some inside knowledge that no one else has and I am sure would come in helpful and very easily accepted as being someone in the know. No one is holding you back. ;)

I come from an athletic family. My old man played basketball on a full scholarship to Syracuse University. His genes rubbed off on me a bit too. I played basketball and baseball in school. I have a personal friendship with 2 NFL players and 1 NBA player. I used to be an amateur journalist, before I changed professions.

So you see, I too get the "inside poop"

I come from an athletic family. My old man played basketball on a full scholarship to Syracuse University. His genes rubbed off on me a bit too. I played basketball and baseball in school. I have a personal friendship with 2 NFL players and 1 NBA player. I used to be an amateur journalist, before I changed professions.

So you see, I too get the "inside poop"

THERE YA go....not to mention the fact that I will always give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Cleveland sports. ;)

Not true because I PERSONALLY know Rafael Palmiero, I PERSONALLY know Sammy Sosa....and quite a few that more than likely have taken steroids that have not been mentioned. So, THAT statement of yours is nothing but an assumption on your end....maybe you should take some of your OWN advise:

"Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true. It just makes you sound pompous"

And Sosa told you all about the steroids?

Sandra

And Sosa told you all about the steroids?

Sandra

ahhh....no! He would be crazy to trust me....eventhough we are friends...someone that USE TO work in the media. As well as Ralphy.....they ain't stupid. But those "others" that consist of former journey and decent players MIGHT have said something in passing....:shh:shh

ahhh....no! He would be crazy to trust me....eventhough we are friends...someone that USE TO work in the media. As well as Ralphy.....they ain't stupid. But those "others" that consist of former journey and decent players MIGHT have said something in passing....:shh:shh

Most of them probably didn't even tell their families.

Sandra

Most of them probably didn't even tell their families.

Sandra

That is very true...but I have said this before. I would not hold anything against them when it was not illegal. Alot of these guys want to extend their careers by a few years for the money...the lifestyle. Yeah they make a ton of money, but they also SPEND alot of money. Many of the players I know are latin ballplayers that take care of not only their immediate family....but MOST take care of a ton of extended families too. They NEED the money...and if an injury cuts their career short...they and alot of their family are in trouble. So they would take this stuff to HOPEFULLY play another 3-7 years. They don't do because they wanna be famous or break records....they do it because they want and need the money.

I have alot of my kids ask me this ALL the time, I tell them not to do because of long term effects on the body....but I could have hard feelings or could blame them once they got into the big leagues and in their lower to mid 30s, took the stuff because I would understand why. BUT that is highly unlikely because todays baseball player in the US is alot more prepared for life AFTER baseball than years past. But the situation is either the same or WORSE in the Caribbean countries.

And I agree with that statement too. But that isn't what your boy is saying.

He said for the 1,000th time: "Roid's do not enhance performance". This is what the last 8 pages of non sense have been about.

No, I have a daughter, not a son. I think you are confused, Salsa is old enough to be my dad.:D;)

I'd like to interject myself into this conversation:

Sometimes, it's not just steroids that help out. It's also the ability to have a lot of muscle and swing a bat really damn well.

I played on a lot of Little League teams, and I have never been known for being in great shape. You could say I am the polar opposite of Sandra- I do not work out and train as much as she does.

My philosophy has been all about strength- lifting a lot, swinging a bat, and making contact.

I hit a lot of home runs as a Little Leaguer (I stopped playing in 1998 after I git hit by a pitch and broke two fingers), and I a semi-fat kid with lots of strength.

I live by the Babe Ruth philosophy- eat a ton, hit a ton.

Wow. looking at your pictures I would never had guessed.:D:D:D

OK, I got no room to talk either. About 15 lbs. too heavy, or I am I "vertically challenged"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts