How do I get started

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had the same idea she could've been in contact with some of scrappers and said take the dish. You had shown she was wrong so she was going to get you back. It would be low down if she would have done that.

So I got the the pole that fits the mount problem is my original 4OD pole opening is 3 3/8 not 3 1/2 like I thought so how should I go about getting this to fit?

If that's a piece of schedule 40 4" OD, it should be 3 1/2 inside. Looking at the picture it look as if it was cut with a tubing cutter. If it was, you may want to look close at the inside edge of the 4". A tubing cutter will roll an edge on the inside of the opening that would stop the 3 1/2 from going inside it. I have taken 4" OD schedule 40 and drove a piece of 3 1/2 inside it many times. It takes a clean surface, patients, and sometimes a little grease, but it will go inside it.

Then you can clean off the grease and weld it or drill through both and put a bolt through both to keep it from turning inside the 4". Both pieces look like schedule 40. Just a suggestion.

I'm too new to say anything more. None of this passes the sniff test. Really? Somebody stole $3 worth of scrap and used a wetsaw to take it down? Been following this one with a bit of sympathy, but I call total Bullsh!t now.
They didn't use a wet saw to take it down. When I was referring to the wet saw I was taking about when I bought the pole and they had to cut it from 21ft to 8ft. No this was not a inside job cause if that was true first I'd be filing for divorce and also I wouldn't been able to get the second dish to put up

I'm too new to say anything more. None of this passes the sniff test. Really? Somebody stole $3 worth of scrap and used a wetsaw to take it down? Been following this one with a bit of sympathy, but I call total Bullsh!t now.
Actually a Pinnacle is a very heavy dish and it's all aluminium. Probably $50 ~ $60 scrap. I have a couple of those and know what it's like to manhandle one onto a mount. :( I can understand why a scrapper would target that dish. My neighbor was a scrapper and used to remark about my dish being one of his favorites. Well my dish is still standing but he isn't . ;)

Actually a Pinnacle is a very heavy dish and it's all aluminium. Probably $50 ~ $60 scrap. I have a couple of those and know what it's like to manhandle one onto a mount. :( I can understand why a scrapper would target that dish. My neighbor was a scrapper and used to remark about my dish being one of his favorites. Well my dish is still standing but he isn't . ;)
Don't remind me on how heavy the mount was damn near dropped it on myself trying to put it on the pole. I was surprised on how light the new mount is compared to the old one.

When I put my Pinnacle up,I assembled the mount on the pole,made the 8 petals into 4,then hung the 4 quarters on the mount.The only difficulty was getting the last seam to come together,but it wasn't that hard.And yes I did it all by myself.

An inexpensive option is to rig an alarm outside speaker/siren under the eaves with the trigger set to the normally closed option. Include 2 extra wires to the dish distribution wiring. If the distribution wires are cut, the alarm sounds. I have some 30watt/120dB horn types that wake the dead! Similar to these: www.ebay.com/itm/EXTRA-LOUD-ALARM-SIREN-HORN-SPEAKER-120db-All-Weather-Electric-Outdoor-Security/122786464254

"12 volt direct current (vdc) is the rated operational voltage"
The siren notes being 12 volt dc 30 watt, what method did you come up with for furnishing power? I can visualize 12 volt car battery, not that desirable. What form of 110 AC converters, transformers are out there that will work? Many versions on eBay, including wall warts. Question is what is safe in regards to fire, some are ventilated a little to well.

Found this for door and window switch, better solutions?
1set Magnetic Sensor Home Door Window Entry Warning Alarm Switch NA | eBay

What kind of controls to use to shut the system off?
In the thinking stages at the moment.

I have previously installed a 3amp rated 12Vdc wall wart power supply (www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/Watt_to_Amp_Calculator.html) . I wouldn't use a window/door switch. What would open the switch?

Instead, wire as a closed loop with two wires inside the wiring bundle that are bonded together at the dish. When the wire bundle is cut, the loop circuit will be broken and the alarm will sound. Install a spst switch across the loop in a secured area. Close the switch to close the circuit loop and it shuts off the alarm.

One could also install a timer with a with a switched terminal. If the alarm sounds, the timer is energized and when it times out the circuit will be closed and the alarm is shut off.

Reactions: Gray Hair
I was drive home from Illinois and seen a fiberglass dish but what caught my attention was that it has a ajak motor on it. How hard would it be to put a different dish in the mount? I already have a 10ft mesh dish behind my garage but the mount is severely rusted and I’ve been waiting on my mechanic to get around to fix it. Since I seen this I didn’t know if it would be worth the effort or not.

Attachments

• 58D51D7F-CBA4-4A55-BF59-4EBEDBDA8B7C.jpeg
    58D51D7F-CBA4-4A55-BF59-4EBEDBDA8B7C.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 316
  • 7F726E7C-8BC7-46DA-8087-AC1D6476F191.jpeg
    7F726E7C-8BC7-46DA-8087-AC1D6476F191.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 307
Reactions: Brct203 and FTA4PA
I was drive home from Illinois and seen a fiberglass dish but what caught my attention was that it has a ajak motor on it. How hard would it be to put a different dish in the mount? I already have a 10ft mesh dish behind my garage but the mount is severely rusted and I’ve been waiting on my mechanic to get around to fix it. Since I seen this I didn’t know if it would be worth the effort or not.
Never had an AJAK myself but if it were me and one was available I would get it. I've seen many threads here of people adapting mounts to other dishes. Should be just a matter of obtaining/making brackets to connect the two properly.

An AJAK is an awesome mount :) I have two of them. It would be easy to adapt to a mesh dish. If you grab that mount make sure you get the dish ring with it. It will have the declination adjustments with the ring. I've seen two different styles of the ring on the H180 mount.
AJAK 009.JPG AJAK 002.JPG UniMesh 003.JPG

So finally I getting time to start this again. Got the new pole into the original one to put the mount on it just need to put a bolt threw it to hold it together but after beating it in with a
Sledge hammer I doubt it’s going anywhere. Also got it painted now need to figure out what color grey my dish used to be. Anyone of you guys know a color that closely matches it.

Attachments

• E192CE3E-5457-4384-8C89-265AFA088609.jpeg
    E192CE3E-5457-4384-8C89-265AFA088609.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 293
  • E0C16B83-6858-4955-8292-B4ED7A9E0E2C.jpeg
    E0C16B83-6858-4955-8292-B4ED7A9E0E2C.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 317
Reactions: FTA4PA
So finally I getting time to start this again. Got the new pole into the original one to put the mount on it just need to put a bolt threw it to hold it together but after beating it in with a
Sledge hammer I doubt it’s going anywhere. Also got it painted now need to figure out what color grey my dish used to be. Anyone of you guys know a color that closely matches it.

Drill and bolt the poles together. You'd be AMAZED at how much spinning torque a 10ft dish can generate in a 50mph wind that hits it just right... It only has to turn less than 1/4inch to screw up your signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts