how do i tune to channel 184

stressed

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
sirius subscription says turn to channel 184. HOW?

help

i have everything set up. i have the timetrax recast screen that says waiting for channel load. problem is sirius sign up says to have the radio turned to chanel 184 and check the sound. how do i do that.

i try to set a channel on the timetrax screen and it won't let me.

please help. i'm missing douche100!

Please make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest Beta version of our software.

(There is a link on our downloads page)

Once you have done this... if the channels don't come in and you don't hear the preview station you will have to check your antenna placement.

Sirius antenna placement is much trickier than XM. You may need to get the antenna outside and in clear view of the southern sky.

Once you have the preview station coming through just click on 184 and call in your radio to have it activated.

Derek

thanks for the quick reply.

download the beta version? why did the instructions lead me to the other verxsion? oh well. i'll give it a try.

thank you. i'm hoping for the best.

when i download the beta version (i have a dial up and it's going to take a couple hours) will it automatically override the original version?

i'm not too hip on software etc so any help would be appreciated.

i'm downloading the beta to the existing time trax folder. i'm assuming this is ok.

thank you

when i downloaded the beta. i get this error

when i try to run it.

"Could not initialize file.
File size expected = (then some long number)
Size returned = (then a smaller number buy a few thousand)."

any idea what's up and how can i fix it?.

if on the timetrax recast screen the signal strength says 33%. does that actually mean that it is picking up a signal or does that just show up no matter?

the sirius site says for my region that pointing the antenna north and east (or west, i forget off hand) is ok. i have the antenna sittting on the inside window ledge facing north. you state south and east. why the difference between your comments and sirius'?

would it help if i taped the antenna to the window instead of having it on the inside ledge?

it also seems that i have no way to just use the sirius radio you sent without using timetrax. is this so? i was thinking if i can't get your software up at least i can check out the show.

i'd apprecaite any input.

thank you

You need to download the software to your PC (desktop is fine) then run it as an install program.

It will overwrite your original install.

D.

Try downloading the beta again and running it. It sounds like you did not fully download the entire file.

The 33% is not accurate. We are not sure why 33% shows up but for now that is what it shows.

Proper antenna placement is critical for Sirius. We find that the antenna has to be outdoors and on a roof or somewhere with a VERY clear view of the sky. Inside a window doesn't always work.

Try different placements till you can hear sound.

TimeTrax is required to turn the radio on and make it produce sound. There is no way of using it without the software.

Derek

Ok. I have the beta up and running, unfortunately I have the dreded no sound problem.

I show 3 bars for both satellites and ground. Is that good enough? in addition, the left and right bars are only showing about 1/4 inch of green. i'm hosed right?

i have moved the antenna around but still just get 3 bars.

i'm downloading the latest drivers for my Sound blaster audigy 2 ZS but i doubt that's what the problem is.

if 3 bars is not enough my alternative would be to move the whole comp set up to an inconvenient place. do you know if i could purchase a much longer antenna?

my antenna is pointed north east per sirius placement chart. i'm in phoenix AZ.

thanks

cool. i'll get the antenna.

sorry but i was updating my above post while you were responding. would you please answer the other questions. is 3 bars enough? i realize the quality will suck but i need to know if i should be able to hear something with 3 bars. if not, as i'll be trying to find somewhere else for the antenna, how many bars is the minimum i'll need to get decent reception?

is the antenna pointing north east per sirius ok with timetrax? i'm pretty sure it is but i've read you folks mentioning to point the antenna south.

and finally, the left/right bars on the screen. is 1/4 inch of green on both bars ok? the screen shows what song is playing and everything looks to be working except the freaking sound. i double checked my soundcard info and i'm plugged into the correct hole.

thank you for your help and patience. keep in mind that me plus computer/techie stuff = ?????

3 bars should do the trick. I have 3 bars but it does cut in and out. I am hoping the antenna does the trick.

Point your antenna where Sirius tells you to. Nothing TimeTrax has to do deals with the sat placement.

One day when we have our own Sat in space it may be different. ;)

If the screen is showing what is playing then things are good for your antenna. It wouldn't show that antenna.

It now sounds like you have an audio issue. Make sure you are going into your line in of the computer and that is what you are recording from.

As a test you can take some POWERED speakers and plug them into the jack on the TimeTrax unit and see if you hear the radio.

If you do.... then you need to experiment with your audio settings.

D.

yee freaking haa! i'm up and running.

howard 100!!!

thank you so much for your help and patience.

Glad to hear you are up and running!

I share your sentiments about Howard as well.

I am counting the days till 2006 when the "real" programing begins.

Enjoy!

Derek

stressed said:
yee freaking haa! i'm up and running.

howard 100!!!

thank you so much for your help and patience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)