How do you feel about directv's current HR series?

How do you feel about directv's current HR series?

• I feel that the HR series of dvr's are excellent!

Votes: 24 17.3%
  • I like the HR series and am confident the CE program will resolve all issues with it

Votes: 54 38.8%
  • I feel it's time Directv moves on to a totally new DVR away from the current HR series.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Tivo is the only solution to a better Directv dvr.

Votes: 18 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think it's time to move on, but AFTER perfecting the features we're testing in CE. It's really great to be able to roll these features out to the current receivers, but there's only so much updating/upgrading a piece of equipment can take. :)

Now it is 15 to 15 (pretty evenly matched throughout). I would be willing to bet that if the same question were asked of the VIPs it would be at least 2 to 1 in their favor.

25 out of 42 so far are happy with the HR series. i'm part of the 17 though.

I chose "view results" as I am not sure any answer equates to increase the processing power of the HR series.
With the things that are around the corner as seen in CE and D*'s constant software updates I think the HR series is great, just slow. I don't think they will be able to speed up the current HR's without a faster processor, but that is all they need so I don't think that would qualify for a "scrap the HR" vote.

I chose "view results" as I am not sure any answer equates to increase the processing power of the HR series.
With the things that are around the corner as seen in CE and D*'s constant software updates I think the HR series is great, just slow. I don't think they will be able to speed up the current HR's without a faster processor, but that is all they need so I don't think that would qualify for a "scrap the HR" vote.

Yeah I guess they could just find a faster processor to put in the ones they are manufacturing now and speed them up. That kinda leaves us that already have one out in the cold, but that's progress I guess.

i agree. the new dvr vote can mean a new processor. it still qualifies as something new since it would be a significant change from it's predecessors. if they ever want these dvr's to handle a HD GUI they will need more processing power in these dvr's.

Do you remember the last D* Tivo and how it was always a year+ behind the regular Tivo with its software features?
I would imagine the software that comes on the box will get a few bug fixes early on and then sit on one revision for years on end.
The D* box is slow but at least the software development doesn't stop (my broken MRV proves that).

Do you remember the last D* Tivo and how it was always a year+ behind the regular Tivo with its software features?
I would imagine the software that comes on the box will get a few bug fixes early on and then sit on one revision for years on end.
The D* box is slow but at least the software development doesn't stop (my broken MRV proves that).

Yes but those Tivos you could make better.

i agree. the new dvr vote can mean a new processor. it still qualifies as something new since it would be a significant change from it's predecessors. if they ever want these dvr's to handle a HD GUI they will need more processing power in these dvr's.
The "totaly new" threw me as a processor would change nothing for the user software navigation wise or connection wise, just have it run at speed that doesn't create frustration.

I choose option 2 based on 1 week of having a HR22-100 and owning a Tivo.

No problem recording SD or anything from Food Network HD. Anything else HD is hit/miss.

The following have all been blank recordings:

Tonight Show KSDKHD Mon-Wed( I gave up trying)
Escape From New York HDNet Movies
Trading Places HDNet Movies
WarGames HDNet Movies
Get Out! HDNet

I have been able to record 3 movies off of HDNM and 2 shows from HDN so I know its not the channels. All transponder #s in the 90's so I'm not having any signal issues.

I just have to hope the bugs get worked out.

I've been looking for a HR20 but decided to wait and see what comes out next.

I choose option 2 based on 1 week of having a HR22-100 and owning a Tivo.

No problem recording SD or anything from Food Network HD. Anything else HD is hit/miss.

The following have all been blank recordings:

Tonight Show KSDKHD Mon-Wed( I gave up trying)
Escape From New York HDNet Movies
Trading Places HDNet Movies
WarGames HDNet Movies
Get Out! HDNet

I have been able to record 3 movies off of HDNM and 2 shows from HDN so I know its not the channels. All transponder #s in the 90's so I'm not having any signal issues.

I just have to hope the bugs get worked out.
I would guess you need to look at other higher prioritized scheduled recordings for the same time or bumping up next to the misfires. But if you are getting blank recordings for the length of the event it sounds like a tuner is out in which a complete unplug of receiver and swm power inserter for 20 secs or so may do the trick.

Never had a problem with either of my HR-20s, aside from the national screw up a while back.

Rock solid, reasonably fast, no missed recordings, ect.

Speed it up and give me more recording space, I wont complain.

Dont, and I am still pleased with it.

I have a HR21. While it could use a faster processor so it doesn't drag sometimes in the UI, it's a great box with all of the CE features enabled.

I am in no way trying to bash DirecTV or be a Dish fan boy, however I switched to Dish just yesterday, and I can say that their 722K is MUCH! faster than the HR-21 I do miss the HR-21's MRV, but it was S L O W. The 722K seems to produce a sharper picture as well.

I am in no way trying to bash DirecTV or be a Dish fan boy, however I switched to Dish just yesterday, and I can say that their 722K is MUCH! faster than the HR-21 I do miss the HR-21's MRV, but it was S L O W. The 722K seems to produce a sharper picture as well.

No reason not to say this. Most everybody knows that the Dish 722 is a much faster DVR within the UI.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)