How do you feel about directv's current HR series?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

How do you feel about directv's current HR series?

• I feel that the HR series of dvr's are excellent!

Votes: 24 17.3%
  • I like the HR series and am confident the CE program will resolve all issues with it

Votes: 54 38.8%
  • I feel it's time Directv moves on to a totally new DVR away from the current HR series.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Tivo is the only solution to a better Directv dvr.

Votes: 18 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
How do you feel about directv's current HR series? feel free to explain your vote.

I was torn with this one. I do think the CE program is making things better, but I also feel as if they need to start working on something better. The deciding factor is that I would probably have to pay to upgrade to the new one when it came out. LOL

Or a 622.:p

I'd pass on the 622 but Directv does need to look for a new DVR. This was a hard vote to decide because there was not really an option for me. I feel that the CE program will make it better but not where it fully needs to be.

Directv does need to look for a new DVR. This was a hard vote to decide because there was not really an option for me. I feel that the CE program will make it better but not where it fully needs to be.

I feel the same which is why i voted it's time to move on to a new dvr. i think the ce program is great and will continue to push participation in it but there's only so much software can do for you when the hardware is limited in processing power. the only way these dvr's would perform better is if the programming was simplified but that would mean losing many features. so to me it's time to move on to something new and not a copy of a previous model with only more storage.

I picked the second option, even though I have not had any problems with my HR using the nationally released software. I picked it because I know it can be a little faster and realize that software updates can fix much of the slowness. Also, the CEs keep bring more features that I never thought I wanted.

I feel that DTVs HR series are very rock solid receivers. I have a HR20-700 from when they were lauched to my current HR21-PRO which i have had almost a year.Basically trouble free and still going strong.

just to add,the ce program has improved these dvrs very much and will be an important part of whatever dvr is next

Its a dissapointing piece of equipment IMO. And I have 2. Over 2 years of beta testing and CE's and still it is only 1/2 done. I have emailed D* to check on my commitment.

Last edited:
I always read these. Some are Funny, Like the ones that complain about the service, or the channels. Some people just don't understand EQUIPMENT review.

Currently 13-12 in favor of changing the DVR to something else.

3 feel the DVR is excellent and 9 feel CEs will resolve the issue for a total of 12
11 feel it is time for a new DVR and 2 feel TiVO is the only solution for a total of 13

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)