How does direct TV do install.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

VaDavid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
I have Dish but have been thinking of going to directv.

DirectTV does not have dual turner boxs so you need a box for each TV right?

So how do they run the cable if you have 4 TV's? Do 4 cables come from the dish to each TV or do they have some sort of main box that one cable runs to it from the dish then all TV's plug into it.

I always like to run the coax myself is why i ask.

Thanks

Home runs from the ground block/multiswitch to each tv. Two to any dvr's if you don't get the SWM system.

Depends on the numbers of tuners in your system and if the tech has the stock, if you get SWM or not. At least, that's how it goes in my area with our supplier.

Five tuners usually qualifies you for a SWM install. With that, it's one cable from the dish then split, one to each box, max of eight tuners. (Each DVR is two tuners). If not....What they said!

For my E* to D* install. The feed from the dual tuners was used to feed sat signal to the D* box.

Find a central location for the SWM block. As long as all your cables are RG6 your good to go. I got a swm setup. 2 DVR's and 2 single tuners.

We love the switch, Better HD PQ for sure! And I only got the HR21 would be even better for the HR23! :):):)

jet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)