how is your overall satisfaction with VOOM?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I know that there are improvements to be made and maybe this is a loaded question. Anyway, how is your overall satisfaction with VOOM?

i love it.

when the update comes and i can tune the ota's a little bit more it will be even better.

(will it let me do that? tune the signal better. i can pick up all of the ota's, but sometimes it seems that the signal they send out varies in strength. sometimes i can pick up fox, sometimes not. will it let me fine tune that channel so perhaps i can pick it up all the time?

i rarely reboot and all i can think of that i want, other than the update, is some more channels, usa/scifi etc

I have had a few problems getting my local channels but with a lot of effort on my part, I am pretty happy with it.. I cant wait for them to get a few channels like SCI-fi and a couple others.. The thing is, Voom needs to offer the locals thru the dish or make sure the installers to everything in there power to get the locals for there customers, because people are not going to want to put any effort forward when there paying to have it done right in the first time ..

people are complaining about picture quality, but on my new 60" lcd it looks awesome to me..

I do not know what this update is supposed to do for us other than gives us scanning for our local channels, I think I would rather have new channels..

Teck nut and Sean I want to thank you for yor help, I am sure I will have more questions down the road but I just wanted to say thanks, because other than what I listed above I a happy Voomer.. Cya Slick

I really really wish we'd get some more info concerning the PVR though. A nice little status update or something would be good.

VOOM Rocks!

I am very happy with VOOM and their people even though I have had problems. Joe Harkins is a huge help as are Wilt and all you moderators and contributors on this forum. I have read a lot of complaints about the CSRs but I can't complain. I called last week because I suddenly and completely lost all of my OTAs. The CSR answered in less than 2 minutes, and a few minutes after that had me set up for an upgrade. VOOM has the best HD IMHO, and they have people who are really trying. I will be as glad as the next guy when they get better STBs, HD PVR, network HD, etc., but these guys are trying, their product is good and I hope they're around for a long time.

Brent

I think its great. Dealt with few issues from initial install, but now I'm vooming along fine.

Just wish they would get my local Fox Sport Net.

Tired of the re boots to solve missing satellite channels. Frustrating but seems to be normal operating procedure for the temperamental hardware Voom uses. I too found the proper place to put my check mark. Still here and waiting for the DVR.

I added this on an edit.
If I were not a techy type and chose this service for my family viewing thinking all that had to be done is click the remote and enjoy, I would be more than frustrated. The Voom system would have been out of here months ago. Not the choice for providers for the technically challenged.

I also forgot that I really want that dvr-pvr what ever you call it, I want something to record with.. Cya Slick

Im very happy with VOOM....Im excitied about the new developments that they have talked about for the future. I sub to the basic package and I think Im getting a great value for my 50 bucks a mth. Cable was ripping me off for the same amount and gave me next to nothing. I feel that they have added ESPNHD and TNtHD there was no extra charge and thats a great deal. I think the Tyson fight is a present from VOOM and the other fight that was $1 was also a nice treat...not to mention that it is going to be in HD . Im very happy with VOOM.

Sean you left out an option in the middle " Im here for now until D* adds more HD this year, but if you want me to stay Voom had better improve the picture and software".

I think one option should read

I like the service but the issues are starting to make me reevaluate. May not continue service past end of the year if issues are not resolved.

When we look at posts and threads were current customers are not happy on this forum, we immediately think well VOOM is in trouble. This forum is probably not even a good cross section of the entire population of VOOMERS (including the Yahoo Group). We get to see 10 to 20 customers that post all over the place the same issues over and over in different threads. This is why I posted this thread. So far only a little over 100 responses. We need more people to answer.

Sean Mota said:
We get to see 10 to 20 customers that post all over the place the same issues over and over in different threads. This is why I posted this thread. So far only a little over 100 responses. We need more people to answer.
True, but about 80% of us who replied, did so favorably (top 2 categories)! :D
I originally voted in the second category, but now that I'm seeing WOW HD on some of my locals and a perceived improvement of all channel's PQ, I'm loving' VOOM! :clap :love @party :rainbow
I'll admit they still have a lot of wrinkles they need to iron out in a lot of areas, but on the whole, I think it's great for me now! :D
Vicki

I have to say that over all I'm happy with Voom. The number of HD channels is great. And I'm pleased with the selection of HD channels Voom provides. With dish there were 3 (that I cared about). BUT - and isn't there always a 'but' in these type of things. I think that the PQ is not as good as it could be. The best Voom pix. is like 95% of the best Dish pix. Voom tends to be on the grainy side. If they would drop some hd channels and up the data rate to 19Mbps on whats left it could be exceptional. Mabe when the sat. at 71 comes on line they will do this. The last time I talked to a CSR I started to say that the per channel bandwidth could be higher. He kinda cut me off and said that they don't compromise on the bandwidth per channel. HA! Well we'll see what November brings.