• 18+ Months

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
Seriously, what is your best guess on how long until there is two hopper integration? Given Dish's recent history with products like the 922 and Sling Extender, I am very reluctant to give Dish the benefit of the doubt (see my logo). On the other hand, it seems obvious to me that the Hopper/Joey system is "the future" for Dish so I would imagine they would be focusing most of their time and effort on this product. So let me know your honest opinion on how long you think it will be until they have integration.

Supposedly it is their top priority after they got the system out the door.
I hope you are right. I plan to order my system soon and I keep debating between 1 Hopper / 3 Joey or 2 Hopper / 2 Joey. I like the idea of having everything installed now and just needing to wait for a software update but I don't really want to do that if it is going to be 18+ months.

ronb said:
my 2 hopper 3 joey install, Joey's were able to choose which hopper they spoke to.

Right. But ideally you won't even have to choose. Plus the hoppers can't see each other right now. So technically a 2 hopper setup isn't a true whole home DVR.

When integration is implemented, the theory is that the Joeys won't have to choose a Hopper. The 2 Hoppers will be seen as one whole unit and be seamlessly integrated with content accessible to any Joey.

I predict you will see ota integration before hopper integration. After all DISH already knows how to do ota on all their older receivers including the 922. I think getting the hoppers to communicate will take much longer. But who knows? I could be wrong. DISH might actually get it to work within 18 months. It took almost that much time to get the 922 to function like the other Vip receivers already did. Except for blockbuster movie pass, the 922 is still waiting on that one.

I'm guessing they want to have it ready by the time Team Summit comes around. They always need some big announcements for that and Hopper integration would be pretty exciting.

Many of us thought until seamless integration Joey's would only see one Hopper. Now that we know that is not true I don't see immediacy of it. But they should get it out. It will be good for them to be able to say each TV/Joey can pick from six (or more with OTA) tuners and the hard drive at anytime and it certainly adds to the value of having a full Hopper system.

Why? The 922 STILL doesn't function as it was advertised. How long has it been since the 922 was released?

I believe it was February of 2010. I traded mine back in for a new 722k in November of that year. I just couldn't stand losing my shows and the glitches and lack of basic functionality that the older Vip receivers had already had. The straw that broke the camel's back in my case: It quit slinging and I was paying $4.00 extra a month for what?:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)