Votes: 33 53.2%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • 9-18 Months

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • 18+ Months

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters
I voted 9 to 18 months. It seems to me that there are a lot of complications that will surface in programming this. Things like load balancing between hoppers and whether one of the hoppers is seen as the 'lead'. This is new territory for them and with their past history in programming, I think it will take a bit longer than many expect to get the software running.

I voted 3-6 months to get the initial software update out for 2-Hopper integration. Then I want to vote 18+ months for it to be fully working properly, after many more updates and field testing (read: guinea pigs) with existing customer implementations. ;)

"The length of a new two year commitment." :p

Does anyone know if the integration will be hardware or software related? If you go with two Hoppers now and are not as concerned with the integration but would like it when it is available, will you be painting yourself into a corner? It seems that initially Scott or someone else had suggested that if you need two Hoppers you should wait for the ingrain but it seems like many have gone ahead already.

"The length of a new two year commitment." :p

Does anyone know if the integration will be hardware or software related? If you go with two Hoppers now and are not as concerned with the integration but would like it when it is available, will you be painting yourself into a corner? It seems that initially Scott or someone else had suggested that if you need two Hoppers you should wait for the ingrain but it seems like many have gone ahead already.

For some of us, the "multi-room" features (I have 3 rooms on one hopper) and the ability to share DVR content make it worthwhile.

Hopefully we'll see integration in the next 2 or 3 months.

The integration is software.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Boy is that the understatement of the year.;)

rotfl.gif

I may be mistaken but didn't Scott mention early on in one of the Hopper Questions threads that Dish had the 2 Hopper integration software working on a test unit, but that they were polishing the UI before releasing it?

I may be mistaken but didn't Scott mention early on in one of the Hopper Questions threads that Dish had the 2 Hopper integration software working on a test unit, but that they were polishing the UI before releasing it?
Wasn't the Blockbuster demo being run on a 922?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts