How many people are happy with Blockbuster @ Home?

Several years ago I had a movie called the Man from Earth in the #1 position in my Blockbuster queue that was listed as long wait. Not very long wait, just long wait. It sat at that same "long wait" position for about 18 months before I cancelled my Blockbuster subscription service. After I cancelled it, I went with Netflix and discovered the movie was available on Netflix streaming. I wonder if "long wait" means the movie exists but they own no copies for rental. Good luck if they label something as very long wait.

Waiting on hold for Blockbuster Corporate support....got a CSR who said they are having issues with increased demand and the need to order more copies......in the first month or so of service I got titles right away....now as I order the very day they are released on the site (I go to "releasing to next week" on Tuesdays)....I get nothing.....Blockbuster corporate just told me to switch from Bluray to regular DVD....that is ridiculous!....guess I will pass this on to DISH corporate....this service will force me to get rid of it and start paying a higher premium for releases on VOD or pay per view....or go back to waiting until they come out on my premium movie channels....I knew this was too good to last!!

Im not happy with it, they are too slow to ship movies... (Hell I have had 3 games in my queue for over 2 months now, and it took them two weeks to send me my next movie... coouldn't they have sent me one of my games instead?)

IN addition I have had issues with broken discs and in one case they said the disc was mailed but we never got anything.

I NEVER had these issues with Netflix.

this service will force me to get rid of it and start paying a higher premium for releases on VOD or pay per view....

I sure hope you don't intend to pay that higher premium to Dish! If you do, you're just encouraging them to slow-roll BB@home even worse. :(

No, I will just stop the BB charge and wait for stuff on the premium channels as I did in the past....I'm just burned out with the 922 failures and now this BB debacle....too many promises and no results....such is life!

I sure hope you don't intend to pay that higher premium to Dish! If you do, you're just encouraging them to slow-roll BB@home even worse. :(

I have had the $10 HD add on package for years, so I feel it is just a freebie for me. But there is no way I would pay for this joke. They closed my local store a few months ago, so I am on mail only disc. By mail only takes 5 to 7 days turn around.....so slow. I have received two cracked discs. And when I reported them as such,I received a message saying my account has been flagged for reporting too many problems. But it's free for me so I let it slide :)

I thought I'd do my wife a favor and put "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" at the top of my queue. So she tells me yesterday that she wants to read the book first, which she's already downloaded into her Nook.

So I go into my queue last night and move it down. Wouldn't you know it, just got the "we have shipped the next title" email and it's for TGWTDT. So much for not receiving any new releases. :D

My issue is strictly with the online... I'd like a better way to search titles.. it would be best if I could do my searching online first and then put into the queue, but I don't believe this is possible...it's just too tedious to do this through the dish remote...

I am going to be a new Dish sub, and I am hopeing the Blockbuster very close to my house stays open. It would be a nice addition to have

In two months I have watched 24 BBMP movie disc. 12 by mail and 12 exchanges at my local BB. Finally, I did not receive my latest disc. Reported and they are susposed to reship it today. All mailed disc take two days to get to me. I watch it the same day and exchange it, watch the exchange movie, and turn it in on the same day. Considering it costs me nothing extra, I am very happy with the service.

I already had the Platinum pack and was using netflix. Dropped netflix and started using the BB for DVDs. Only one broken and a few that did not work. In fact the one I have now is a non worker. Does not surprise me when I can guess how most people take care of these rentals. I really like the service. The address on the return is only 100 miles away, so I get an email of the return very soon. Not too long of a wait for movies for me. Many of mine are old ones that others do not want. Don't know where mine are shipped from. But no problem with turnaround time. As for the online movies, it seems like I think up a movie I would like to see, and that is the one they don't have. Oh, well. Only thing that ticked me off was the new version of "The Andromeda Strain." The dang thing is in two part on two disks. BB only has disk one!!!

RT.

HI, as a new Dish subscriber I am receiving 3 mos on BB@Home free. I already have BB by Mail (with 3 disc at a time). Since I already have BB by Mail. when my free 3 mos of BB@Home expire, will I still be able to use the by mail subscription on Dish or do I need to cancel it and re-sign with Dish for BB@Home in order to receive thru TV?

HI, as a new Dish subscriber I am receiving 3 mos on BB@Home free. I already have BB by Mail (with 3 disc at a time). Since I already have BB by Mail. when my free 3 mos of BB@Home expire, will I still be able to use the by mail subscription on Dish or do I need to cancel it and re-sign with Dish for BB@Home in order to receive thru TV?

If you would still like to receive the 20+ HD channels that are included with Blockbuster @Home then yes. The $10 covers the channels and the first disc, each additional disc is an extra $5. You can subscribe to a maximum of 3 discs with Blockbuster @Home. If you need help getting this set up, please send me a PM with your phone or account number. I can also assist you to have your queue transferred so you wont have to start over.

RaymondG What is the process to cancel the Blockbuster@Home? I signed up for it on line but I can't find where to cancel.
I signed up for it and thought it would be a great service but I was wrong. It is a borderline scam, IMO. I find I do not use the 20 additional channels and the online movies seems only available through my Dish 722. The mail disks is the worst experience I have ever had with any mail order in my life! So, I just want to cancel it. Otherwise I really like Dish Network, especially the 722K. But this BB@Home is really bad!

What happens when you uncheck it the way you checked it to subscribe? I did this with no problem when it was BBMP. The $5 downgrade fee may apply.

I have BB by mail and have not had but a couple of issues with receiving my mailed disc over the last couple of years. I am wondering what issues folks are having? I keep my Queue pretty full and I always receive another disc within a week of sending one back in. There has been a couple of issues of bad disc or not receiving a disc they shipped but once reported it was handled right away and I was never questioned. Maybe I am closer to their shipping warehouse and don't know if true that makes a difference but I have been happy with it. Now I am concerned that may change if I transfer over to BB@Home......

Haven't used it that much, my wife insists on the latest releases, and they never seem to be available (very long wait) so we get it elsewhere. Use BBMP for the occasional back-library title we didn't get around to seeing....

Ah, forgot to add no stores within 90-min drive for us, so in-store exchange not an option for us.

Last edited:
What happens when you uncheck it the way you checked it to subscribe? I did this with no problem when it was BBMP. The $5 downgrade fee may apply.

I'm just going to call them. I tested your suggestion this evening and it didn't take. Maybe I failed to do something right, But the last time I cancelled a service ( NFL RED ZONE) I had to call. I have decided tonight after reading all the stuff here to just cancel. I don't need the hassle BB@Home has created in my life. It's no fun posting negative criticism here. There are much easier, and cheaper ways to get Blu Ray movies to watch.

I have decided tonight after reading all the stuff here to just cancel. I don't need the hassle BB@Home has created in my life. It's no fun posting negative criticism here. There are much easier, and cheaper ways to get Blu Ray movies to watch.

I'm sure there will be plenty of others who will be happy to take up your slack on the posting of negative criticism...THAT, for one, is a constant around here. :rolleyes: Lots of people think it is fun. LOL

If you feel the service was a hassle, or like you said in another thread, causing you anxiety...you definitely made the right decision for you. On the other hand, there are those of us for whom the service has worked perfectly, like clockwork since inception. AND...there aren't really any cheaper ways to watch than FREE...which is exactly what it is for those of us who had Platinum channels prior to this free addition. You just can't beat free, unless you're getting paid to watch movies. :)

But again...I definitely feel you made the right choice for you. No consumer service or product should cause you undue stress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)