How many people here are "moved"? Where are you and what market did you "move" to?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
sure there is. The FCC has a document (dated 2010 but its from the 70's) that says what county has what channels that are considered SV.

Attachments

• significantviewedstations050310.pdf
    613.1 KB · Views: 176
here is what Lucas County, OH (Toledo) has as SV

Lucas
WTOL-TV, 11, Toledo, OH
WTVG, 13, Toledo, OH (formerly WSPD)
WNWO-TV, 24, Toledo, OH (formerly WDHO)
+WUPW, 36, Toledo, OH
#WJBK, 2, Detroit, MI43
#WXYZ-TV, 7, Detroi, MI44
+WKBD-TV, 50, Detroit, MI

43 Affected community is Toledo, OH
44 Affected community is Toledo, OH

but again that is what areas Directv does SV which are EXTREME cases and not the normal

using that theory my "location" (North Mankato) only gets KEYC 12 CBS as SV. KEYC has a DT2 FOX station that is carried in Mankato market but not SV for North Mankato. Also on cable they (Mankato) get ABC from Austin/Albert Lea, MN (a market to the east)

according to the link I posted this is the SV for Blue Earth County (Mankato, MN)
WCCO-TV, 4, Minneapolis, MN
KSTP-TV, 5, St. Paul, MN
KMSP-TV, 9, Minneapolis, MN
KARE, 11, Minneapolis, MN (formerly WTCN)
+WFTC, 29, Minneapolis, MN (formerly KITN)
KAAL, 6, Austin, MN (formerly KAUS)

All are carried on cable. Only ones on satellite are 5 & 11. 9 use to be on Directv but got bumped when they started carrying KEYC-DT2 a year or so ago

Lucas
WTOL-TV, 11, Toledo, OH
+WUPW, 36, Toledo, OH
#WJBK, 2, Detroit, MI43

Bold would be SV'd for my location, however when I put info in for SV with the link Chip posted, is said None were out there for me.

Back to the topic at hand I "moved" to the NY area so I could watch NY sports. I have sinced moved back to my Boston address and think I'll go back to NY. Other than the Celtics I hate Boston sports.

Matamoras PA, with NY locals, so I moved to Scranton PA, to get the PA stations. The next town over is Milford, and they have Blue Ridge cable, and get both NY and PA channels. Matamoras is right on the border of NY, and serviced by Cablevision, and they only provide the NY locals.

Lucas
WTOL-TV, 11, Toledo, OH
+WUPW, 36, Toledo, OH
#WJBK, 2, Detroit, MI43

WDIV is not SV? Really?

How?

How do you guy keep "moving" back and forth. Do you use a phony address or are these legit moves? I was underthe impression that DTV would want to verify the new installation address everytime a "move" is initiated.. I'd be interested in "moving" from my Bangor address to a NYC address to get NYC RSN's

Bold would be SV'd for my location, however when I put info in for SV with the link Chip posted, is said None were out there for me.

becaude in the link Chip provided Directv decided not to offer SV. If you select "Minneapolis, MN" it will show 2 zip codes (56001, 56003) and KEYC CBS 12 as SV. (using an example)

How do you guy keep "moving" back and forth. Do you use a phony address or are these legit moves? I was underthe impression that DTV would want to verify the new installation address everytime a "move" is initiated.. I'd be interested in "moving" from my Bangor address to a NYC address to get NYC RSN's

I had Directv for about 4 years and "moved" 4 times and moved once
Started at my house in suburban Minneapolis Feb 2010
"Moved" to Mankato (70 miles down the road)...for KEYC 12 (they have some local programming and arent blacked out of NFL games like Minneapolis is...the whole "if the Vikes are at home no game can be shown against it)...did this about 2 months after install. Told them I got a new job ;)
"Moved" to Duluth (use to live there)...again told them I got a new job but to keep the billing the same (my house) due to thats where the bills get paid :)...did this about 2 months later
Moved back home...upgraded to HD. Lost option for Duluth (they were on 119 and not in HD..lost 119 when upgraded to HD as Minneapolis is on 101 for SD)...6 months after
"Moved" Back to Mankato a week after upgrading
Moved back home Feb 2012 for upgrade to Genie (they required a tech install even though all we did was unhook the R22 and hook up the HR34)
"Moved" back to Mankato a week after upgrading (address was the same as the previous one so the CSR said "oh this makes it easy to change"
Moved to my new apartment Feb 2013...It was through a 3rd party so programming is free.
Cancelled in Feb 2014 when I moved to Duluth (would have to pay the whole bill then)

The thing is the address has to be "semi legit"...123 Main St wont work. Duluth was easy. I used my buddy's house who has line of site issues (no way he was getting satellite at his location). Mankato was easy. Find a house for sale and just tweak the address number so its not a actual house.

When I had Dish I was "home" maybe 3 months of the 6 years I had them

Tech?

So ok, if I find a house for sale in NY and tweak the number a little, do they not send a tech to verify or re-install?

just tell them you moved and there was already a dish there. You hooked up the receivers and everything seems to work except the locals. (the less the CSR knows the better)

They only send a tech to verify if you move like every week (the OP got busted for doing that) ;)
The only thing is if you need a tech install you have to move back home (as I did twice). When a receiver took a dump they did ship it to my billing address

If you "move" to NYC, you will only get ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox along with the local rsns. Those are on CONUS beams, but the other NYC locals are on spot beams. You may be able to get them as you seem to be on the edge of the spot beam for stable reception.

Not hard at all. I just found an address on Google Maps, changed the number around and called and said I moved. I said the the dish was already set up and I just needed my local feed. I told them to leave my billing address alone because I still own the house and get my bills there. Never questioned me at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts