How many people here are "moved"? Where are you and what market did you "move" to?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you "move" to NYC, you will only get ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox along with the local rsns. Those are on CONUS beams, but the other NYC locals are on spot beams. You may be able to get them as you seem to be on the edge of the spot beam for stable reception.

I have heard of someone in Maine getting the NYC spot beam. They were closer to Portland but the signal was okay.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have heard of someone in Maine getting the NYC spot beam. They were closer to Portland but the signal was okay.

The Portland area is okay, but in another thread Danny said he is actually in Canada.

Geographically speaking I'm like a 6 hour drive to Boston, Boston locals come in at 95% signal strength

Boston and NYC are on different spot beams. Boston extends further north. Did you check the satmaps link at the top of the page? It will give you a good idea where the stable reception areas are.

Guys I'm fairly tech savvy but I'm not up to snuf with the satelite beams and what not. If anyone could help me with this general question I would appreciate it. Could Carmel, IN get Detroit, MI spot beams? Would I need to adjust the satelite dish at all? Thanks.

Check the satmap link at the top of the page. Adjusting the dish will not work. It will only lose the signals you have, not get you other ones.

Couple questions: a) Are the LA networks on Conus (I don't care about other locals, just ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX?; and b) can I still use my AM21 to get my "local locals"? Oh, and c) does it matter if you are hooked up to the internet or not? Thanks for the help

I want to move to Pittsburgh, Erie, Charleston, Columbus, Cleveland or Beckley. Problem is I might actually be moving soon. What is the best way to go about this? How can I find an address to" move" to?

How can I tell that someone doesn't live at that address? How can I tell which locals my dish can pick up?

Pick and address, add two to it, and do a reverse lookup to see if it's a real address or not. Find one that isn't real. As far as what locals you can get, check the satmaps link at the top of the page.

How will directv active and on demand work or can't I use them if I" moved" ?

They work exactly the same way. Nothing changes. Directv doesn't care if you "move" most of the time. Just don't flaunt it or draw attention to it. I have been "moved" most of my D* days and all features function normally. The local forecasts on WeatherNation and TWC are even my real home zip. If you read the other site, they will scare you with propaganda. Ignore them.

normally you can move say 200 miles but it all depends on where you are located and the way the spotbeams are lined up

use satmaps at the top of the page or another option is to go into the satellite setup menu and look at the transponder signals for 99(s) and 103(s) (I assume you want HD locals)
Then match them up with the attached map and whatever is closest to you is what you could feasibly get

Now since TP's are reused for locals if you are in Ohio and lets say you get a signal on 99s TP18. When you match them up you see Portland, OR and Indianapolis, IN as options. Obviously it would be Indianapolis

Attachments

• LIL.xls
    782.6 KB · Views: 151
Status
Please reply by conversation.