How many people here are "moved"? Where are you and what market did you "move" to?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm surprised your numbers are that low on those transponders. You would likely be okay most of the time, but you would probably lose locals pretty quickly in a moderate rain.

The signal strength for the Chicago locals was near 100 on each transponder, St. Louis locals were in the mid to high 80's on each transponder. It seems crazy to me that the Springfield market is so low as far as signal strength. I am only 60 miles from Springfield and 90 miles from Champaign, well within range of the spot beam.

It could be that the beam isn't centered on those cities. You could be on the edge of it.

It could be that the beam isn't centered on those cities. You could be on the edge of it.

I lust looked and I am basing the location on the old interactive spot beam map when the Springfield locals were on the 99W (DTV 14). I haven't yet found and interactive spot beam map with Springfield on 103s.

Question to those who have "moved"... what do you do about mail? I'm signed up for DirecTV's paperless billing, but I still find that I get the "Inside DirecTV" Newsletter and the envelopes with the cards trying to get you to refer a friend all the time. From what I can gather they mail this material to the "service address", NOT the billing address based on what I have gathered from others and my own experience.

Question to those who have "moved"... what do you do about mail? I'm signed up for DirecTV's paperless billing, but I still find that I get the "Inside DirecTV" Newsletter and the envelopes with the cards trying to get you to refer a friend all the time. From what I can gather they mail this material to the "service address", NOT the billing address based on what I have gathered from others and my own experience.
I got one just recently. It was mailed to the billing address.

Grand Fathered in from about 10 years ago. Same here I must do all upgrades and trouble shooting my system on my own, don't want to lose my distant's.

Grand Fathered in from about 10 years ago. Same here I must do all upgrades and trouble shooting my system on my own, don't want to lose my distant's.

I'm surprised you still have the distants regardless of being grandfathered. IIRC, most that were grandfathered lost their distants when locals became available.

When I first picked the address I use, I was able to get both Chicago and the distants this was long before directv had HD , their was a short period of time where I lost the La HD stations (6 mo to a year) but then they came back on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts