How should I go about This.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I am thinking (seriously)switching from Dishnetwork to Directv as Direct has offered me some good deals(savings of 30 dollars a month ).compared to Dish I know I will lose some channels in HD(TRU TV,ID,cooking channel)however I think I will gain some that Dish doesnt carry.
That being said,before I can commit to Directv I need to know if there is anyway an Installer can come out and see if its possible to connect Directv on an existing arm bracket.Landlord requires this .I dont want to schedule an install if this cant be done.Has anyone been able to have Directv come and look at set up and then give customer the chance to decide .How would you go about this?

I am thinking (seriously)switching from Dishnetwork to Directv as Direct has offered me some good deals(savings of 30 dollars a month ).compared to Dish I know I will lose some channels in HD(TRU TV,ID,cooking channel)however I think I will gain some that Dish doesnt carry.
That being said,before I can commit to Directv I need to know if there is anyway an Installer can come out and see if its possible to connect Directv on an existing arm bracket.Landlord requires this .I dont want to schedule an install if this cant be done.Has anyone been able to have Directv come and look at set up and then give customer the chance to decide .How would you go about this?

If you schedule the install and it can't be done once the tech assesses your setup, they will cancel with no obligation to you. To install an hd dish, the mast must be 2". Sometimes an adapter can be used to make a smaller mast into a 2" one. To see if you have a line of sight to the satellites, go to Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com and see what they say about your area.

I highly suggest walking into an office of a local retailer. They would be the most likely to help in a pre install situation like you have & also they could get you the equipment you need, apply referrals, & take care of you after the install. That alone has to be worth not having to deal with call centers & explaining to someone different every time you call your particular setup or situation or so & so said this or that.

I highly suggest walking into an office of a local retailer. They would be the most likely to help in a pre install situation like you have & also they could get you the equipment you need, apply referrals, & take care of you after the install. That alone has to be worth not having to deal with call centers & explaining to someone different every time you call your particular setup or situation or so & so said this or that.

That's not bad advice at all!

Great idea :up

If the landlord balks at changing out the j-mount, they'll likely not accept the requisite pair of mounting struts either.
image020.jpg

I'd be looking into some sort of non-penetrating mount for your roof style.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)